[CABLEVISION] Verizon Fios Vs. Cablevision

ericdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
I heard a lot of Cablevision customers are leaving to go to Verizon. I can't blame them. Did you see there channel line up compared to ours. Cablevsion needs to step it up and get everything they have for the same price if they want to keep us as customers. I think this is the reason for so many new channel additions lately. I believe we will be seeing a lot more channels additions this year. Eventually Verizon will serve the entire Tri-State area. If they come to Southern Fairfield County CT and Cablevision still hasn't made it worth it to stay. I am gone. It is sad that is takes competition for Cablevision to make it's customer's happy.

The only part of CT that will get FIOS is the part of Greenwich that is west of the Mianus river. That is the only service area Verizon has in the state. The rest of us will need to wait for AT&T to get their service going. The DPUC is currently having hearings on giving AT&T a video franchise. A ruling was supposed to be released the other day but has been delayed until after the General Assembly session ends May 3rd. This was done because a house committee wanted the chance to pass laws about it first. If they don't pass any laws about it the DPUC will release their decision on May 5th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)