Cal-amp 140011 LNB (Mini-mag)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I hear that this LNB is no good for digital signals. What has everyone's experience been with this LNB? This is the one I scored from the bar (mentioned in the other post)

Any good luck? Bad luck? Plus, how do I know if the feedhorn is upside down or not when I mount it? There are no markings or they have been worn off due to weather. See previous thread "They [the bar] let me have it" to see some photos.

The Cal Amp Mini Mag was a consumer analog unit produced in the early and mid 1990s, and wholesaled for under 30 dollars back then. In some circumstances it may be OK on some digital signals, but was never designed with that type of stability in mind. Hook it up and see what happens. If it's bad, a proper digital unit to replace it would be quite economical.

Upside town feed? Just make sure that if you have a 90 degree adapter between the feed and the LNB, that it is not in a position to collect water. Generally,
Chaparral servo motors should be pointed somewhere between 11 and 1 o'clock;
as close to 12:00 straight up position as possible.

I won't be running the servo motor. Wires have been disconnected. Just strictly gettin started for now. I'll check that later. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)