California Statewide franchise status. Decision by Aug 31

Ricko101

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I just wanted to give an update on the status...

A bill now in the Legislature would regulate telecommunication providers like AT&T and Verizon through a statewide franchise.
Assembly Bill 2987 must be passed by Aug. 31. If the law is adopted, it could take effect Jan. 1.

Cross our fingers....

What sucks is that we have to wait until Jan to get the service... if approved.

He is supposed to sign by the end of September. I wander how long it will take for Verizon to start offering the service to areas (such as mine) where FIOS is already available for internet service.
Verizon told me that the TV service activation is only a matter of flipping a switch...

I hope Indiana is under consideration. I would love to have Fios, and I know AT&T just announced a huge investment into Indiana for their TV service and faster internet service. I'm not sure when that's supposed to start though, or if Kokomo will ever see it.

clapple said:
In today's paper. The Govenator just signed it. Now hopefully, we will get it soon!

The question is "how soon?"... I called customer service, and of course they know very little...

I can't wait

Ricko101 said:
He is supposed to sign by the end of September. I wander how long it will take for Verizon to start offering the service to areas (such as mine) where FIOS is already available for internet service.
Verizon told me that the TV service activation is only a matter of flipping a switch...

When they installed the internet here they told us it was TV ready. Just a matter of waiting to get approval. Took a coulple months. I waited until I could get both to call.

Ricko101 said:
The question is "how soon?"... I called customer service, and of course they know very little...

I can't wait

Heh...If you think the call center people know very little, try emailing the customer service center, it took them three days to reply and their answer didn't even have anything to do with my question.

Verizon...if you're out there, I'd like to subscribe to this service effective immediately. I'd even be more than happy to pick up and install my own equipment. Or at the very least please come up with a date so the rest of us can stop holding our breath.

Ricko101 said:

I can't wait

Yesterday I asked the guys with the Verizon truck if they knew when.

They said, "At least by March". "Maybe sooner".

What ever that is worth. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)