Call from audit team

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My job involves moving semi trailers around the factory all day, and I see a lot of semi drivers that stick their dishes on their mirrors or on a pole while they spend the night in our yard. Is that allowed? I wonder if they have separate accounts for home and on the road? What if your 1000 miles from home with one receiver, and the other is at home? How do you explain that to the audit team? Forget 30 sec. to get to the other TV. I need 3 days. lol

i have a question or two
how is account stacking, theft?
what is being stolen?

Let's put it this way....

I order Dish Network and have 4 receivers. I put two in my house and install the other two for my neighbor. My neighbor pays me half of what it costs me to have satellite service. So, instead of paying, let's say $100 for my service I am paying $50. My neighbor is paying the other $50, through me and he is able to have the same service as I have. Now, let's do this up really good. I order Dish Network with enough receivers to support my neighborhood. All of us split the cost of that $100 and we all enjoy the hell out of it. The only problem is that Dish Network has to pay their network suppliers a given price and they aren't collecting nearly enough to stay in business.

What is being stolen here is that service from any satellite company is based on one account, one property. When you add properties, you are stealing from them....

Get it????

Good example however extreme.
IS this the same as the guy with the weekend cabin at the lake? The one receiver there while the other 2 or 3 are at the account residence?
Or the husband and wife who take their RV to a park and leave it there all summer?

I answered the question as asked. I don't believe that a cabin at the lake or an RVer fits the stacking mold. The question was why is stacking stealing and I think I might have answered that....

I bet you have A LOT off friends...
Ya know what, the more you post on this issue, the worse it gets for you.
You're really being a pr*** about this.
Look, .If knew a thing about customer service or sales or just representing the company for which you work, you take the good with the bad. If one call goes in the crapper because the customer is irate, you forget it and move on...AND above all, NO EMPLOYEE should ever consider the employer's money as though it is THEIR money.
So your argument FAILS....And you don;t get to say...."stealing form you"...The audit team members DO NOT own the business. Their employer does. And those audit team members need to be every bit as accountable to the customers as CSR's and sales people.
Come back when you figure this out.

Oh, you must be a lovely employee. It's OK to let people steal from your employer, because after all, it's not your money. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

And reverting to name calling. I bet no audit team member has ever called someone a "pr***" (we all know what you tried to say).

Why can't you just write the information down? What's on the back of the receivers that would change? What happens if you have a corded phone? Do you have to scream the information out across the entire house or does that throw up a red flag? :p

You people are probably also the type that refuse to show your receipt when leaving the store. How else do you propose they find account stacking thieves? In reality, you don't have to prove anything. Just end your business relationship and move on.

How about this? Receivers should be locked in to a single LNB. No taking your receiver on vacation or to the tail gate lot. Somehow I think you will all whine that this is some violation of your Constitutional rights, too.

Sorry, but I'm glad Dish goes to such great lengths to make sure there are reasonably priced packages for us masses to be able to afford. Dish cannot be everything to everyone. They carved out a niche where the 5+ TV home is not the customer they focus on. That is is DirecTV's business. Sometimes that means they scare away guys like you, but Charile has proven there are billions to be made with his business model.

Some of what you say is true. But why are accounts that are connected to the internet and or phone get audited? Moving your receiver for a tailgate or to a cabin won't kill a Dish deal. Common sense I would think rules here. I have 3 722k's have not been audited, would not like it. But would go thru the crap if I had to. I also have all connected with cat5 . If they can't see they have the same IP, come on!. And the keeping prices down by cathing people is crap. Direct TV has had a secure system for quite a while and there prices have dropped and are so cheap:rolleyes: Peace

Why can't you just write the information down? What's on the back of the receivers that would change? What happens if you have a corded phone? Do you have to scream the information out across the entire house or does that throw up a red flag? :p

There is a location id that constantly changes. Don't get it right - you fail.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.

Some of what you say is true. But why are accounts that are connected to the internet and or phone get audited? Moving your receiver for a tailgate or to a cabin won't kill a Dish deal. Common sense I would think rules here. I have 3 722k's have not been audited, would not like it. But would go thru the crap if I had to. I also have all connected with cat5 . If they can't see they have the same IP, come on!. And the keeping prices down by cathing people is crap. Direct TV has had a secure system for quite a while and there prices have dropped and are so cheap:rolleyes: Peace

All by phone is one thing. Caller ID makes it easy. But, unless you are the ISP (which Dish is not), all an IP address will do is narrow it don to a city or maybe neighborhood. Two receivers could dial from the phone at the actual account holders home, while 2 more receivers could connect via internet, and Dish would only be able to tell they are in the same general vicinity, but could not tell if they were in separate houses or not. And with wifi and wireless bridges, it would be easy for neighbors to share a single IP for their receivers.

All by phone is one thing. Caller ID makes it easy. But, unless you are the ISP (which Dish is not), all an IP address will do is narrow it don to a city or maybe neighborhood. Two receivers could dial from the phone at the actual account holders home, while 2 more receivers could connect via internet, and Dish would only be able to tell they are in the same general vicinity, but could not tell if they were in separate houses or not. And with wifi and wireless bridges, it would be easy for neighbors to share a single IP for their receivers.

Oh, for cryin' out loud! Who's gonna go through all of that if they are stacking Dish???

You are quite the conspiracy theorist. Do you work for the audit team,or some thing similar?

Last edited:
Oh, for cryin' out loud! Who's gonna go through all of that if they are stacking Dish???

You are quite the conspiracy theorist. Do you work for the audit team,or some thing similar?

That is not all that difficult. And you would not do that to save $600 a year or more?

I think the main issue here is that a good 90% (probably higher) of Dish customers are legit. That does NOT give the Audit Nazis the right to be rude to an otherwise good (and happy) customer. I understand they have a job to do, but it can be done properly without being condescending.

At one time I had 3 dual tuners (now down to 2, probably 1 shortly). I've never been thru an audit. Someone else posted that they had to dig out some non-active tuners... sorry ain't gonna happen. I've not even sure what I did with one of my retired receivers.

But I will go thru the motions to give them their codes on my active boxes if they can act civilized about it. However, they WILL call me sir, they WILL say please and Heaven forbid if they are rude to my wife. I am a retired airline employee and still fly for free. I promise you, I WILL be eyeball to eyeball with Charlie within days if an audit leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Somebody will answer.

I had Dish for a short time and got a call from the Dish Taliban. The person was very rude when I told him I needed to put the phone down to get to the box upstairs and didn't have a cordless. I just told him to cancel my service and send out return cartons to send my boxes back. That was end of it. Found out later one of the receivers couldn't call home due to a dead phone line upstairs.

i have a question or two
how is account stacking, theft?
what is being stolen?

Okay I have to ask ... what is Account stacking? Is it two different houses or locations being under the same account? Just curious.. haven't heard of this. Also I've never heard of audit calls from Dish. Does it generally only happen to people with multiple receivers? We only have one, so maybe that's why they've never bothered us.

Audits are a pain/inconvenience. It would nice if DISH would at least compensate those who successfully complete their audit with something, like say some free PPV coupons or some $$$ off of the next month's bill.

Okay I have to ask ... what is Account stacking? Is it two different houses or locations being under the same account? Just curious..
account stacking is pretty much when a receiver is not at the same location as the others. Examples have been given but lets say I have 4 receivers and my next door neighbor has 2 of them and we split the bill. Thats account stacking.

There are some grey areas like taking a receiver to a weekend cabin for the weekend or to the parking lot for a tailgate. Some folks think that is also while most think it isn't.
And then the real grey area would be something like a house that one person lives upstairs and one lives downstairs. Its technically the same house yet they have different phone numbers and could have different internet providers

haven't heard of this. Also I've never heard of audit calls from Dish. Does it generally only happen to people with multiple receivers? We only have one, so maybe that's why they've never bothered us.
If you have one reciever you are OK. Folks with multiple receivers that do not have it hooked to the internet or the phone line (to send a signal to dish that says "hey the reciever is here" they call and want you to read numbers off the info screen. One number changes all the time so its not like you can write it down. If you fail the "call" they turn off the receiver.

I'm wondering if switching the land line to U Verse VOIP is causing the 211's not to dial in... When I switched I made sure the alarm system worked. I can not force the 211's to test the line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.