Call from audit team

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One thing I'd love to see the internet response team address (and maybe they have and I've missed it) is the audit team calls. It hasn't happened to me in quite a while, but reading the threads about how they operate brought back some bad memories. Rushing you from receiver to receiver and threatening you is wwaaaaayyyy over the line. I didn't quite understand why they were doing that at the time, but I realize now that they are basically accusing you of fraud! Anyway, I'd love to see the feedback on this site get back to whoever it is that leads that team and is responsible for their actions. An attitude change in that department is needed, as well as new standard operating procedures.
The IRT people from E* are not going to respond to this thread. There are over 100 replies to this thread and not one from the IRT. I hope that the E* supervisors are reading this thread and the ill will that the Audit Team are generating for E*. I was called once several years ago and it wasn't pleasant. If I receive another, I will be gone from E* for good. I have already cut back on service due to the fee increases. I own all my equipment and the fees are a sore point to me. Add a call from the Audit Nazis and that will be it.:mad:

Audit Department call

wtb, I agree you have valid feelings. I have two questions for you though... have you canceled your service yet? And, why file a complaint with the FCC? What is Dish doing that is against regulations?

I haven't canceled my service to date. I gave myself two months to replace it and I'll make that timeframe. For now I have replaced TVJapan and am working with a local retailer to seamlessly replace Dish with DirecTV. The slowdown is my work schedule. As for the FCC complaint, they probably haven't broke any regulations, however, it made me feel better. And hopefully the FCC will return some of the grief they gave to me! :censored:

It's very unlikely we will hear from the IRT guys on this, or even Scott for that matter. They know which side of their bread is buttered!

Scott has already spoken on this one and, yes, the IRT folks probably won't tread here.... It's beyond what they get paid for.

Even if we don't get a response, we know the IRT is likely monitoring this thread. PLEASE pass this feedback up the chain. No one here condones piracy...and most can even accept the fact that there needs to be an audit team. However, it is the attitude/policies of the audit team that make it so onerous.

Here is the email i sent after being audited for the second time in a little over a year back in 2006 by the Audit Nazis. I have been a Dish customer from the very beginning when you bought and installed your own equipment. We only hit one bird back then. I have 5 active receivers on my account so I have a big bullseye on my account. I live in a quad level house with many TVs, some, but not all have Dish. They also lied the first time and said it was a call to make sure I had the latest software version, but I found it odd that I was given all these instructions, like I had to be on a cordless phone, do not put the call on hold, do not talk to anyone else, and was also told that I was taking to long to get to one of my sets, which was in the garage. I was even chastised by the caller, when I answered my wife's question as to who I was talking to. And yes they are rude and condescending. Second time, I knew what I was up against. Was I irate, yes!! I haven't been called since this note, so knock on wood!

I just want to voice my opinion on your security audits and the total lack of respect for long time customers. I have just spent 50 minutes trying to get one of my receivers reactivated after being shut down twice. I have been doing remodeling in my kitchen and needed to
disconnect the receiver. You called to audit, since I do not have phone lines connected for 2 reasons, I have kids and I don't want unauthorized pay per views and also most of my receivers are not anywhere near a phone line, and you deactivated it. I called and had it reactivated after to
calls to customer service only to have you shut it down because your people didn't follow proper procedures. I think this is a poor business
practice!! Are you not the number one satellite provider? Didn't your long time customers, who believed in you early on get you there? Please
give us all a break. I have 2 more receivers including a DVR that I was thinking of activating, but if this is going to raise more "red flags" to
you people, I may just switch to Comcast!!

Am I upset, you are damn right!!!

Ken K

Last edited:
well since folks decided to run this completely downhill and all it has turned into is bickering I'm closing it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts