Call from the Audit Department.... what's next?

birddoggy said:
i have been fortunate enough never to have been called by the audit nazi's (knock on wood) but I don't believe i'd play nice, I have been a customer and installer for 4 years now, and if I ever get audited, i'm gonna tell the auditor to shut off my account, problem solved. I have 4 receivers(2 DVRS), AEP, and rent PPV often, I give them more than enough money on a monthly basis, they need to leave their customer's alone.
The point of the audits is to make people set up second accounts for their other houses ect... it seems to me all it does is annoy their customers and cause cancellations

Well, pissing a few people off or possibly facing lawsuits from content providers, it looks like Dish decided that it would be less expensive to piss a few people off!

Maybe they're trying to weed out all you complainers...Whoever's left is a pushover and they can charge them more money for no additional services...Just a thought...

What happens if you refuse to give them the numbers, they shut it off? Guess if they call me i'll be getting shut off. I'll tell the CSR to check if I paid my bill last month and when they say "yes", click...

I wonder if EVERY CUSTOMER that got called by the Audit/Nazi Team told Dish Network to CANCEL THEIR SERVICE and DEMAND that they REMOVE ALL EQUIPMENT from the homeowners property, if that action might wake them up. They would eventually Audit themselves out of business >>>>> LOL

BryanSR

Dish audit

I received my second audit call after I installed the new 621 receiver. I live in a 4300 SF home with 5 receivers. I read one location ID wrong during a thunderstorm. They deactivated it and told me I could turn it on under a new account. What they didn't tell me was the cost would be $88 additional per month. When I inquired and found out the additional charge I refused to do this. They told me if it was connected to a phone line and they sent a tech to my home they would turn it back on. I agreed and paid to have a phone line installed for the receiver. The tech showed up the next day and called to reactivate it. They told him they would not do this unless all my receivers are connected to a phone line. Two of my receivers are not near a phone line, in addition I have VOIP phone service and more than one line in my home. They told him even if all the receivers were connected but on different numbers that they would still audit me at random. I have been with DISH for more than 10 years and that was the last straw. I have an appointment on Monday to install cable with the HDDVR in two rooms and the remaining TVs connected to digital as well. This includes 4 TVs that could not be connected because of the DISH limit. My cost is less and programming is similar. My job involves working for the government as a real estate appraiser and I see many homes bought and refinanced by Veterans. If faced with any question concerning DISH I will gladly tell my story. Many homeowners think having a DISH system wired in their home adds value. I think my story answers that question. DISH service is worthless when they treat their customers like crooks and they lie to them about how to deal with their audit department. I have paid over $2000 in the past 18 months for HDDVRs and new dishes. Everytime you think you are OK with them they change and you have to pay to upgrade. When I upgraded to the 621 for $299, I sent one of my 921s back for the $200 rebate. After one month they finally gave me the rebate, then audited me and turned off a receiver. Now I have spent $100 to give them one of my 921s back and I am turning off the service. I will never have DISH service again period. I don't care if they call to give it to me for free. Good riddance to DISH. At least with cable they give you the equipment and upgrades. If you enjoy being treated like a criminal and thief than DISH service is definitely the way to go.

I failed to mention that the 921 I sent back for a $200 rebate cost $995 for me to purchase. I paid $299 less a $200 rebate to upgrade to the 621 receiver and do not own it. I will be returning it on Monday to them. In other words they get my 921 which I owned back and keep $100 and get the 621 back in 30 days. Then they audit me and turn off a receiver. Great service from DISH Network. Never again will they see my money.

Last edited:
I failed to mention that the 921 I sent back for a $200 rebate cost $995 for me to purchase. I paid $299 less a $200 rebate to upgrade to the 621 receiver and do not own it. I will be returning it on Monday to them. In other words they get my 921 which I owned back and keep $100 and get the 621 back in 30 days. Then they audit me and turn off a receiver. Great service from DISH Network. Never again will they see my money.

What happens if you had phone line connected at the start of your service, and since then disconnected the landline service for cell? How can they even contact you without a telephone # or a phone line connected to the receiver???

I agree, ever audited here, guess they will lose another one! :devil:

I absolutely despise D* but would be glad to give them my business if this ever happened.

if they cannot contact you they will place a note on your account that will give you 48 hours, if you fail to call in, not that you would know you had to lol, they would turn you off which would prompt you to call in, i agree very annoying, and i have had customers cancel because of the audit team i have submitted complaints to my call center director, will it ever change probably not, if i were you i would e-mail charlie at ceo@echostar.com and tell him about the issue, the audit team does have a difficult job, but hey if they don't like it quit, if i didn't like my job at dish i would quit and sometimes it can become very annoying, not with the customers but because the company has a very poor internal communication system, it's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

They called me Wednesday afternoon about a week after I activated a 2nd 622 receiver on my account.

Thursday morning I called in and did the audit.

The girl on the phone was very nice to me and we maually audited 4 receivers. When she hit the 5th receiver she saw a note on my account that said they had to get a supervisor on the line.

The supervisor got on the line, we chatted a bit and then he let this girl finish the audit.

No problems, no threats, im a happy camper :)

Bottom line is if you hook up the phone lines they will leave you alone! Even if you do not have a phone line nearby, get one of those 50 foot extension cords at radio shack, connect up the receiver every few months and let it dial out so there is a record that its connected

Life is too short to put up with this kind of crap from some half ass utility company. They audit me again, I'll sell all my equipment on Ebay (probably to someone who will steal from them) and Dish can stick it up their ass.

NightRyder

Purogamer said:
Maybe they're trying to weed out all you complainers...Whoever's left is a pushover and they can charge them more money for no additional services...Just a thought...

What happens if you refuse to give them the numbers, they shut it off? Guess if they call me i'll be getting shut off. I'll tell the CSR to check if I paid my bill last month and when they say "yes", click...

Doesn't matter, they will turn off every receiver except the 1 main one on your account so they can continue to bill you for the full amount.

NightRyder said:
There have been reports of subscribers with 1 receiver being audited. Try to understand the logic behind that. :confused:

NightRyder

simple

Why everyone overlooks the fact that the audit department makes most of their money off finding those who have purchased PPV that have not transmitted the info to Dish via a phone line than account sharing is beyond me.

There are people with hundreds of dollars of PPV not transmitted because of no phone lines - those are who they are looking to nail.

If you read the various threads, you can see Installers talking about it all the time.

My cousin did the same when the audit nazis called him about a month ago. He told them "you do not treat me like a criminal and if your treat all your customers like this, then terminate my service." The auditor told him he still needed to read the boxes and my cousin hung up on them. All the boxes were plugged into the same line and he was a customer for 2 years.

SaltiDawg said:
That'll teach 'em. :rolleyes:

NightRyder said:
Life is too short to put up with this kind of crap from some half ass utility company. They audit me again, I'll sell all my equipment on Ebay (probably to someone who will steal from them) and Dish can stick it up their ass.
Again, that'll show 'em. lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No, that's not the bottom line. Land lines are going the way of the horse & buggy. I pay the cell phone company over $90.00 a month for 2 phones, 800 minutes, long distance included, and all the bells & whistles. Not to mention my wife and I have high speed internet. Now tell me why I need a land line?

Claude Greiner said:
Bottom line is if you hook up the phone lines they will leave you alone! Even if you do not have a phone line nearby, get one of those 50 foot extension cords at radio shack, connect up the receiver every few months and let it dial out so there is a record that its connected

I am connected to phone line and they still audit. Only after the audit,they did tell me if I was hooked up to phone line I would not have been audited. I said my caller ID works on all receivers and he answered maybe you should not have been audited. This is after the audit making me believe that everyone is open to audit , phone line or not.

Why didn't you say that from the beginning? Say "Hey, my boxes are all plugged in and dialing out properly" and avoid the whole thing? He can see that on his screen if he was asked to look.