Call from the Audit Department.... what's next?

Purogamer said:
If you have two accounts, why would they call your home account to audit your cabin account?

Because the billing address/Phone number is the same on both accounts. The only difference is the Service Address.

Yahkin said:
Because the billing address/Phone number is the same on both accounts. The only difference is the Service Address.
So you've claimed that the receivers at two different service addresses at two different accounts are connected to the same phone number? Your service agreement requires the receivers at each account to be connected to a land-line at the respective service addresses.

It almost sounds as if you're making it up as you go along. Where's Judge Judy when you need her. :rolleyes:

Im not gonna re-read the entire thread....but if they do disconnect Ide email the cEO address and tell them that the Guest House is on the same property. Around here there are lots of houses and guest houses...tehy share the same physical address but different phone lines.

SaltiDawg said:
So you've claimed that the receivers at two different service addresses at two different accounts are connected to the same phone number? Your service agreement requires the receivers at each account to be connected to a land-line at the respective service addresses.

It almost sounds as if you're making it up as you go along. Where's Judge Judy when you need her. :rolleyes:

Hey Salti WTH. I have yet to see a post by you that is in any way not cutting someone down.

motorcycle_rider said:
Hey Salti WTH. I have yet to see a post by you that is in any way not cutting someone down.

You mean like Dish and their policies?

Charlie says he does this all the time in Charlie Chat - but then for Average Joe it's against the terms of service?

HDTVFanAtic said:
You mean like Dish and their policies?

Charlie says he does this all the time in Charlie Chat - but then for Average Joe it's against the terms of service?

Apparently you watch a different chat than anyone else cause he hasn't mentioned it in quite a while. All the time? Charlie said it once about a year and a half ago. At that time, there was no policy. Now there is. It was set in February of '06. Rules change, policies change.

the problem is DISHNOT makes up the rules as they go along!

then they have these rat faced bastards in position apparently of which is power
Id like to see the 8 dollars and hour they bring home, and after they cash the paycheck these dillusional bastards still think they are god
Those peons are not in control, the customer is always
everyone with a sour opinion of auditteam should switch NOW to cable or rabbit ears or dtv
dish wont actually listen to the customers but have no problem taking money, customers please take your money elsewhere

Last edited:
The best thing that Dish can do is have people take dual tuner and quad tuner receivers (the quads they need to make) to prevent the possibility of having this problem.

And now you know why the cell phone companies have family plans!

Those 4 phones with 4 different numbers were created for people with 4 satellite accounts.

One day they'll take Stargazer's advise and only have duals, quads, and 6-packs.

Slamminc11 said:
Apparently you watch a different chat than anyone else cause he hasn't mentioned it in quite a while. All the time? Charlie said it once about a year and a half ago. At that time, there was no policy. Now there is. It was set in February of '06. Rules change, policies change.

You mean like no mpeg4 to speak of for a year in Nov 2005 and the push to roll our hard in Dec?

Or the Voom Channels will be 1920x1080i in November 2006 and then they are 1280x1080i in December 2006?

Or Atlanta will be in the first HD-LIL wave in January and then it won't in late January?

Or StarzHD on the MPEG4 roll out literature until they actually roll it out?

Or this rule that Charlie says is ok that is changed in Feb 2006. Or the HDTV Package in 2/1/2006 that isn't around in 6/2006?

Or the you need a new Dish 1000 until we decide whoops you need a 1000+ now 8 months later?

Yes, rules change, policy changes.....it's a daily even at E* like I said.

SaltiDawg said:

Wow, you're a jerk. Judge Judy would probably B* Slap you just for ratings.

Anyway, Yes, both accounts are connected to the same billing phone number. We discussed this at length with Dish during the install and explained to them that it's a cabin that has no phone service. They said no problem and set it up as a new account with one billing address and a different service address.

We have to call in for PPV (On a cell phone before you go ballistic), and it works just fine. Never been audited, but I'm not sure what would happen if we were. It seems as though the policy is different for every person at Dnetwork.

Somewhat related, does anybody know what Dish does if you don't have a phone at all. No land line and no cell phone. I know it's unheard of to not have a phone, especially if you are subscribing to pay TV service before buying a phone plan, but maybe somebody just doesn't like talking on the phone. There has to be somebody who just doesn't want a phone. Does Dish deny you service even if you give your work number or some other contact number? I've had customers call me from a payphone because their phone was shut off, but they still pay their Dish bill. If the audit team calls a disconnected # do they just shut off service?

I am wondering how Dish Network could be so stupid as to not make all MPEG-4 receivers dual or quad tuner receivers. Probably due to the current price of HD receivers being so expensive. They could at least make the receivers to where you can add a tuner card to it. I think the dual and quad tuners would solve a lot of problems. There is an increased use for additional tuners, more than just additional tv outputs.

HDTVFanAtic said:
sorry, but there is.

In all fairness, i would have never connected the dots unless told during 2 different audits that 2 different receivers in my house failed and then some steps we went through to figure out why. At that point, if the STB was not in your house, it would have been too late anyway.

But, I guess you just haven't thought about it long and hard enough. It was important enough for them and quite simply, I will give them credit for that one.

In most cases the general public - or even those who think they know the scams such as yourself - would never know.
If you don't want to tell me in an open forum what (incorrect) method you think they might be using, then PM me.

Two facts, though:
1. There is NO dish receiver that talks to any other via coax.
2. LNBs and switches do NOT have serial numbers.

Does that shoot down your theory? ;)

riffjim4069 said:
I recall someone mentioning having a 2nd HD DVR would automatically trigger an audit. Well, I have two 622 and an 811 receive but all three are plugged into a phone jack I see by my call logs that they occasionally dial out to E*.

Call log? Vonage?

HDTVFanAtic said:
First, let me start off with I don't like the audit BS, but in all honesty, after 3 of them, I must say I have never been treated rudely or treated like I was stealing something. I have probably had conversations with 5 reps during those 3 periods and never a harsh word or action towards me. HOWEVER I still don't like the BS and its a big waste of my time.

To Begin with, I am not sure why this whole thing about the cellphone and 3 way is such a big deal to the posters here. In every one of the 3 audits, I could not do it when they called. I was given a number to call back and I did. There was never a problem when I told them I could not do it then for whatever made up excuse I made at the time (the least of which, it was inconvenient at the time). Never was the callback from the number on my account. That was never an issue.

If you don't like it as much as I don't like it - here's my first advice - being rude gets you no where. What do you do? WASTE AS MUCH TIME ON THE PHONE WITH THEM AS POSSIBLE. If you need instructions, look at the stupid questions asked by N00BS on the board here. People get nervous with tests - Noobs make dumb Noob mistakes. If you mess up and run a check switch on a 211, congrats, you just shut them down for another 15 minutes....and you just aren't electronically oriented. In every case I have kept them on the phone from 1 to 3 hours - yes you read right....between 1 and 3 hours. If everyone did that, they couldn't afford to do these audits.

In every case, 1 of my STBs failed. They were so fed up being on the phone with me and other STBs passing that they were trying everything to pass it and get off the phone. In 2 instances, they went to a supervisor to get a pass. I insisted I wanted to do this now so I did not have to do it again. Quite honestly, the STBs that failed were here and totally legit - however - from the questions they asked and things they did to try and figure out why, there are more checksums in reading back those numbers than you would think. Anyone that has been through an audit that kept careful track of every step they ask could probably piece it together. Despite the 3 way calling/Internet IM, someone who wants to steal service with account sharing might find there are more checks in place than what you think which will reveal to them the stbs are in different locations, whether you tell them that or not.

Again, I hate the process. I recommend you waste as much as their time as possible until its uneconomical for them to continue. However, I won't tell some of what I know goes into the equation that gives the check sum for the receiver location as I don't condone stealing their service. But be assured, its there and goes into the equation.

:) You must have a lot of free extra time.

STB?

Well the simpliest way that they could tell would be to check signal strengths. IF they are all located in the same locale, they will all be on the same dish and thus have the same signal strength. Throw that into a checksum and have the customer read it off...and viola you have identified your account stackers.

Thats not the case at all.

The signal on each satellite receiver would be different. As each receiver has a slightly different tuner and signal levels vary between models. Also some tuners have a 1 to 100 scale, while other receivers have a 1 - 125 signal scale.

And different cable lengths could make a difference, as could different quality/aged cables.

So maybe they'll (start rumor mill process) start inserting GPS receivers into the STBs and compare results. Or maybe they already have....
:haha :haha :haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts