Call your BrightHouse rep about getting the NFL Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BHN is running what I would say is an effective response to the NFL's TV spots in Tampa. It negates the NFL Networks claims without pointing out what some perceive as the negative of no NFL Network.

How about offering it as a premium channel so those of us who don't care anything about football don't have to pay for it?

haven't caught anything here in central florida but that doesn't mean bhn isn't running the spots!! doe anyone remember if either the bucs or jags were sked for airing on the nfl network later in the season? thanks.

the bucs don't have anything on nfl network. brighthouse has ads in the sports section stating they will have all bucs games. not sure about jags.

double posting to report the daytona beach news-journal ran a story this morning (tuesday) saying that bhn is still in negotiations with the nfl network but doesn't appear the logjam will be resolved before thanksgiving. maybe, just maybe, before the end of the season!

DirecTV and DISH are loving this. A lot of people will be saying Bye Bye to BHN, over this issue. This is not just happening here in Florida, other cable companies around the country are also refusing to carry it. This added to BHN refusal to carry Fox Sports Florida, is a good sign they are not a sports friendly company, and don't care about sports junkies.

well, i would add dish network for the extra hd but don't want to be locked in a contract because of health issues. unfortunately, i have a progressive disease and some day will need to be in a nursing home. i just don't know if that day is 30 days away or 3 years!!

but i will agree, i don't understand bhn's mindset!! i wish i lived some place where i got comcast or verizon!

well, i would add dish network for the extra hd but don't want to be locked in a contract because of health issues. unfortunately, i have a progressive disease and some day will need to be in a nursing home. i just don't know if that day is 30 days away or 3 years!!

but i will agree, i don't understand bhn's mindset!! i wish i lived some place where i got comcast or verizon!

I know how you feel which is exactly why I moved up north into New Hampshire for both Comcast and to get the heck out of Florida too lol.

well, longhorn, i couldn't handle the cold weather but even moving to the florida gulf coast would be an improvement.

i had a really hard time with directv last year, which is why i dropped them and went back to cable. at least, i know a couple of decent people at brighthouse who look out for me without having to play csr roulette. but other than that, i would love to go to dish network. i still might if i could figure a few things out!!

I know how you feel which is exactly why I moved up north into New Hampshire for both Comcast and to get the heck out of Florida too lol.

LonghornXP, I was raised in New Hampshire and I moved to Florida because I couldn't stand the 9 months a year of lousy weather. I will admit the summers are nice though, all three weeks of it. Still go back up there during that time to play golf.

By the way the cable companies in NH are just a bad as it is here in Florida.

1. NFL Net. went from 20 cents to 70 cents per sub.
2. They rank so low Neilson Ratings doesn't recognize them.
3. They are trying a ESPN type approach of no tier or a la carte.

A majority of the people does not want to pay an extra $1 for a channel that is being forced on by NFL Net. to all viewers. The way I look at it, if NFL Net. thinks they have such a wonderful product, then they should be happy with the sports tier option and promote that. It's amazing, y'all want this or that but you don't want the increase. Something has to give.

double posting to report the daytona beach news-journal ran a story this morning (tuesday) saying that bhn is still in negotiations with the nfl network but doesn't appear the logjam will be resolved before thanksgiving. maybe, just maybe, before the end of the season!

Time Warner Cable's EVP of programming Fred Dressler said at the Sports Media and Technology summit in New York last week that the MSO is 100 percent sure that it will not come to terms with NFL Network before its Thursday/Saturday-night game package kicks off on Thanksgiving.

another story in the daytona paper focused on time warner's position regarding adding the nfl network, saying there was very little hope a deal would be reached for thursday night's game.

actually, i was told by someone i know who works for bhn earlier this year that the chances of the nfl network surfacing this season was highly doubtful!! i always remain cautiously optimistic, although i wonder why!!

From an article in today's "Florida Today", it looks like the big issue between NFLN and the cable companies, is the fact that NFLN wants the network to be part of the basic package and the cable companies want to put it in the digital package. Allowing them to make more money, by selling more digital packages.

Just another reason added to my list of why I am glad I dumped BHN for satellite.

LonghornXP, I was raised in New Hampshire and I moved to Florida because I couldn't stand the 9 months a year of lousy weather. I will admit the summers are nice though, all three weeks of it. Still go back up there during that time to play golf.

By the way the cable companies in NH are just a bad as it is here in Florida.

Your funny because it sure ain't 9 months of bad weather. Its at most 3 months of bad weather (cold and snow) with only a very few days of extreme cold weather. Beyond that the rest of the year beyond those 3 months have a high of 50 or better with at least half of those months being 60 or better. Even today in late November the sun was mostly out and it was 56 degrees and I'm telling you that is nice weather IMO. Its either very very very humid and hot in Florida or its the same as what most of the year is in New Hampshire which is between 55-75 degrees. Also I moved because I got tired of Progress Energy taking 5-10 days to restore power after even a minor storm. I can go without power as long as I won't freeze to death or burn to death. The last several storms in Florida with no power were horrid. We had highs in the 80s or worse with the full sun out and humid and with no AC and food rotting and smelling you would rather die.

Also your quote about the cable companies up here is 100% wrong for these reasons below.

Comcast is a big company first so we don't have a small crappy company like some apartment complexes do in Florida.

Comcast is cheaper for all the same services I got with BHN both in regular and promo pricing.

Comcast has had ADS for at least the last year unlike BHN.

Comcast has many more HDTV channels today with more confirmed to come very soon unlike BHN. ESPN2 HD, NFL Network HD, Starz HD, Cinemax HD and all locals in HD are some examples.

Comcast has way more VOD content than BHN such as free movies on demand (quite good movies too), Starz On Demand, Encore On Demand, free CBS shows on demand among with many many more free on demand content.

Comcast unlike BHN has free HD On Demand such as the six Star Wars films in HD via Cinemax, Starz HD titles On Demand and Encore HD titles On Demand. Also several free movies are in HD via On Demand as well. Again these aren't PPV HD On Demand movies but either free for all digital cable subs or free to Cinemax, Encore and/or Starz subs.

We have Tivo software coming to DVR boxes soon along with a new 250GB 3 tuner Panasonic DVR coming as well unlike BHN.

So the truth is I get much more than nearly all other cable and sat companies for less money than nearly all areas as well. Yes it could be cheaper but its still cheaper than BHN for a heck of alot more. So going by your statement if my cable company in New Hampshire is just as bad I want to know what you call BHN because I assure you Comcast isn't as bad as BHN and I've had both. If your comparing the service when you grew up that is another story but today and now BHN ummm sucks compared to Comcast. Many people may call Comcast Comcrap but they sure would rather take Comcrap over Dark House Network or ummm sorry Bright House Networks.

If your comparing the service when you grew up that is another story but today and now BHN ummm sucks compared to Comcast. Many people may call Comcast Comcrap but they sure would rather take Comcrap over Dark House Network or ummm sorry Bright House Networks.

LonghornXP, my comment was about cable companies in general, either Florida or NH, they are all leave a lot to be desired. That is why I dropped BHN for satellite, they could care less about what the customers want for programing. No Fox Sports Florida and now no NFL Network. Every time I would call or ask about Fox Sports Florida, they would give you the canned response, "We will pass it onto our programing department". That has been going on for years, now.

Wait and see how long it takes to get your power back after an ice storm.

LonghornXP, my comment was about cable companies in general, either Florida or NH, they are all leave a lot to be desired. That is why I dropped BHN for satellite, they could care less about what the customers want for programing. No Fox Sports Florida and now no NFL Network. Every time I would call or ask about Fox Sports Florida, they would give you the canned response, "We will pass it onto our programing department". That has been going on for years, now.

Wait and see how long it takes to get your power back after an ice storm.

First I want to say I wasn't picking on you or calling you out just kinda saying those general statements aren't always good to make. Oh and power doesn't go out nearly as much as you think it does here unless your far far far away from anything like in northern NH. I can't say about other states but in New Hampshire they always have crews that focus on clearing snow and such from the power lines so it only goes out with wind damage. The last bad storm which was the Sunday the Bucs played the Giants most of the entire state lost power and over 50% of customers got power restored within 3 hours while the rest were restored by 10pm and those were the more rural customers who had generators. I for example lost power at halftime of the game (about 2:15pm) and had power back up around 5pm. We are talking about poles going down all over the place so that is quick. Nothing is perfect but to think Florida is any better than NH with this stuff is crazy because its not. You may like warm instead of cold weather but that is a choice not that one area is bad. I like cooler weather instead of hot weather so I like NH better than Florida but again that doesn't make Florida a crappy place to live and vice versa.

I do see your point with cable companies but your also making it appear that satellite cares about their customers and cable doesn't when in fact no company really does care about the customers. Dish network has a habit of needing new hardware every year to get this and people endup buying it and finding out they need this new hardware to get this new stuff and on and on. Now exactly for the customer. DirecTV doesn't care about its customers either....getting rid of Tivo, no new HD channels, HD-Lite, price increases, ever increasing Sunday Ticket price should be enough to prove they don't care about you the customer.

TWC and BHN of course aren't showing they care about the customers with the lack of new HD channels and increasing prices....ESPN2 HD, Starz HD, Cinemax HD, Starz On Demand, Encore On Demand should be enough to prove it when nearly all other companies offer many of these channels.

If anything its both Verizon "and" Comcast who are the only companies appearing to be for the customer based on their actions. In nearly all areas their pricing is no more, not much more or less than the nationwide average of all companies. But they are at least doing the most for the customers and we can prove that. Also Cablevision lately has started to become a little more customer friendly too. For now unlike all other companies Verizon and Comcast are adding HD channels and doing what customers want and have asked for over the last several years.

Comcast has added massive amounts of VOD content and HD channels including HD On Demand. They have most of their areas upgraded with ADS. They are also spending money to get Tivo along with rolling out the best cable DVR box as far as specs go which is 250GB HDD or better and a third DVR tuner. Verizon has great pricing with a damn good selection of channels including a very nice HDTV lineup. They also added multiroom viewing and yes it may not be great today its still much more than other companies have done which is nothing at all.

Yes no company is perfect and they all want profits but a few companies are clearly trying to sastify the customers as best they can while others just tell you to go f**k yourself and that is the point I'm making. Also I'm trying not to be a Comcast fanboy either but I can't help seeing that they really are trying to be what the customers expect them to be and not just with talk but with action and I have to give them credit for that.

Edit...Heck my non promo price with Comcast is 1.00/month less than BHNs Digital Combo Plus HD DVR package. When I had that BHN package with two HD DVR boxes, HD Pak plus all premium channels including Digital Movie Pak and taxes it cost me 227.00 (rounded down as I can't remember the exact change but it was something like 227.3x). This was in Pinellas County where its cheaper because of Knology and was when pricing really went down once they added the bundle prices. It used to cost almost 250 bucks a month for this same package before they offered the digital combo plus deals. Also my prices are based on a second HD DVR @ 17/month (combo includes the first DVR cost), HD Pak @ 6/month, Digital Movie Pak @ 4/month, Starz @ 10/month, HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/TMC+Premiums On Demand for 30/month and taxes. So add all of this to the combo price of 125/month plus the taxes and extra outlet fees and my bill come to 227/month. Yes I had about 30/month in just taxes.

Comcast on the other hand charges me 188.64 for the exact same stuff (all premiums, triple play and two HD DVR boxes nothing less nor more) as part of their triple play bundle for 12 months and after that my bill will increase to 226.15/month and that is an exact quote from Comcast with all fees and taxes after the promo with no discounts which I could maybe ask and get. When talking with Comcast the rep told me that after the promo runs out the best I could get would be an existing customer discount which would still increase my bill but only to about 205-210 per month total so again at least they are trying to satisfy their customers. This stuff still costs money to offer but that is something they said I can just call and ask for after my promo ends without a problem while BHN was like pulling teeth out just for a 10/month discount and don't get me started with DirecTV "refusing" to give me any discounts no matter what. Sorry I'm in the mood and felt like venting BHN for a while so most of this edit really isn't directed at you but more in general the bad thinking and actions of companies and why customers hate them.

Last edited:
If NFL Network wants to be on cable then it should let the customers who want it pay the differnce and those who dont, not pay for it. Personally id rather by bill go down $2.70 a month by dropping ESPN then paying that for a channel i dont ever watch. I dont understand how they can charge THAT much for a channel and still have commercials. talk about robbing your viewers. why would I want to pay an extra .70 for a channel I will not watch? What the NFL is doing is pathetic and if the cable companies fall to their demands like they did with ESPN id be very upset. You wanna know why cable prices rise every year? stupid deals like this.

ESPN and the likes all need to be in there own "sports package" so I dont have to waste my money on it. :)

ok, steven, maybe you can explain this to me. how is it the satellite people can have nfl network, espnu, espn2hd, etc. and their prices are still cheaper than cable? maybe, the hd pq isn't as great, however...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)