Call your BrightHouse rep about getting the NFL Network

In all due respect, 6 people in a neighborhood in Melbourne is a higher percentage than what is seen in the home turf of South Florida that care about the Marlin or Panthers - so you can be assured that percentage is no where near the norm for the entire BHN footprint.
4 of the 6 are people who moved from South Florida to this area, the other two are sports junkies from New York and Michigan.

I can spot 5 Directv AT-9 Dishes within the 25 houses around mine. However, I seldom to never see them in other countless miles of roads and other neighborhoods. So, I would be very mistaken to believe that 20% of the people in the BHN footprint have D* HD-LIL. One neighborhood isn't a representative sample of an entire market - and just like Vegas, even with a number of big payouts at one location, the percentage of payouts vs intake always even itself out in the big picture.

BHN in the Tampabay area doesn't even carry NASA or NASA Select - analog or digital. In your area of Brevard County, its on Channel 15 - a lower channel than some of your locals channels on 16-20, but again, it would be a mistake for me to assume that the channel would be that popular for all BHN systems based on its placement in Brevard County (And NASA channel was a free channel to the MSO last I heard - so it's not even a matter of cost).

Last edited:
I can spot 5 Directv AT-9 Dishes within the 25 houses around mine. However, I seldom to never see them in other countless miles of roads and other neighborhoods. So, I would be very mistaken to believe that 20% of the people in the BHN footprint have D* HD-LIL. One neighborhood isn't a representative sample of an entire market - and just like Vegas, even with a number of big payouts at one location, the percentage of payouts vs intake always even itself out in the big picture.

My point was, by not carrying services that customers want, it is costing BHN money.

Last night at a neighborhood get together, there was talk about the upcoming baseball season. One of my neighbors said, that last week he called BHN, about renewing is MLB package, and was told they hadn't decided if they were going to have it this year. Has anyone heard for sure if they are are are not going to carry it or not? Hope they do, competition is good, don't want to see one company have a monopoly on any programing packages, like DirecTV does with the Pro football.

In their consideration of the Bottom Line, are they looking at all of the money they are loosing, by not carrying FSN Florida and NFL. I know of about 6 people in my neighborhood who are Marlins and/or Panther fans and have dropped BHN and subscribed to DirecTV or DISH, because BHN refuses to carry FSN.

I for am one of them. My $100 a month goes elsewhere. Most cable systems in other areas of Florida carry both Sun Sports and FSN Florida, but maybe they are concerned about what the customers want, as well as their Bottom Line.

I keep looking to see if BHN will pick them up and if they do, will evaluate the possibility of going back to cable. With a 100% digital picture, lots of HD and my sports it would help bring me back.

Your answer is very honest, and appreciated, as I have emailed and called BHN several times asking about the possibility of them picking FSN up. Every time I would get the canned answer of, "Thanks for your suggestion, we will pass it onto our Programing people".

The majority of BHN subscribers would prefer their bill not go up a buck a month for one channel they dont want to watch. if FSN would allow BHN to offer their channel to only those who want it, BHN would grab it in a heartbeat. Email FSN and tell them to let BHN offer their channel in a seperate tier.. So the 800k + customers who dont care about that channel don't get their rate rasied a buck..

My point was, by not carrying services that customers want, it is costing BHN money.

Last night at a neighborhood get together, there was talk about the upcoming baseball season. One of my neighbors said, that last week he called BHN, about renewing is MLB package, and was told they hadn't decided if they were going to have it this year. Has anyone heard for sure if they are are are not going to carry it or not? Hope they do, competition is good, don't want to see one company have a monopoly on any programing packages, like DirecTV does with the Pro football.

It was announced I think that Dish now has exclusive rights to the MLB package..

It was announced I think that Dish now has exclusive rights to the MLB package..

It was actually DirecTV that got the contract but it was not quite exclusive. Any cable company or DISH Network can carry it, if they agree to pay what DirecTV is paying for it. What ever that means.

He was asking BHN if they were going to carry it, but couldn't get a definite answer from them, at that time. But that was just after the deal between DirecTv and MLB was finalized.

correct me if i'm wrong.....but aren't both fsn florida and sun sports offered to directv customers, even in the total choice package?

not only that, but i'm getting both of my rsn's in hd and not paying extra......as i believe its part of the local hd programming. somebody, please, correct me if i'm wrong.

my point is this: the satellite companies don't have your local rsn in a sports pak (but you do have to pay extra if you want all the rsn's. so why can't bhn?

i don't really want to knock bhn. but some things never made sense to me!!!!

correct me if i'm wrong.....but aren't both fsn florida and sun sports offered to directv customers, even in the total choice package?

not only that, but i'm getting both of my rsn's in hd and not paying extra......as i believe its part of the local hd programming. somebody, please, correct me if i'm wrong.

my point is this: the satellite companies don't have your local rsn in a sports pak (but you do have to pay extra if you want all the rsn's. so why can't bhn?

i don't really want to knock bhn. but some things never made sense to me!!!!

I think I remember reading someplace that FSN wants BHN to include it in their basic package and BHN wants to include it in a different one. I could be wrong, but that is what I understand. The same goes with the NFL Network. I don't really understand that either, because when we lived in South Florida we had both in our basic package and I know I have family in Jacksonville and they have both in thier basic package.

stevenl, correct me if I am wrong.

Doesn't Tampa BHN have both also? If so, how do they carry them? Not referring to the NFL Network. FSN and Sunshine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)