Called And Complained About Price Increase! Great Results!!

I just called and complained about the missing over the air guide data. Got $5 off this months bill. (they said I also was a most valuable customer).

I mentioned that my neighbor has has ALL guide data for is Digital Sub channels and he is with Direct TV, I am getting tired of calling him to find out whats on.

I pay $5 a month for local guide data. My Two PBS HDs from Two DMAs, Indenpendant, and Two MYTVs from Two DMAs, are only avl via Over the Air on my 622.

I cant record or watch things with out the guide data because I do not know when its on or how long the show is lasting.
I had set about 8 DVR events, none work anymore now that they removed allmost all of the 14,000 range guide data.

That's ok. Charlie'll make that back with some good ol DVR fees and additional receiver fees, or trim residuals a little more. Does noone learn the lesson about crying wolf these days?

Dish's CEO office called me back yesterday, said they would fix the $11.98 in DVR fee's charged to me, and refund one of my $3.78 charges (or whatever the price was), thus making my bill in the neighborhood of $125. No mention of the DVR advantage stuff, and I was not in a place I could talk to them about it. I think I will email again and get the details of the DVR advantage as I'm still not clear as to what this whole thing is.

Looking through the various posts, I see several "local" options:

- DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE 8.99
- PREMIUM PACKAGE LOCAL 0.00
- LOCAL 0.00

I thought locals were either $4.99, $ 5.00, or $5.99 depending on what choices were selected and what web pages you use. The current HD page says locals are $5 with the HD package.

But $8.99!

Is DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE a new name for SuperStation Package?

Like Dish-CSR, I'm :confused:

Looking through the various posts, I see several "local" options:

- DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE 8.99
- PREMIUM PACKAGE LOCAL 0.00
- LOCAL 0.00

I thought locals were either $4.99, $ 5.00, or $5.99 depending on what choices were selected and what web pages you use. The current HD page says locals are $5 with the HD package.

But $8.99!

Is DISHNET LOCAL PACKAGE a new name for SuperStation Package?

Like Dish-CSR, I'm :confused:

It's a grandfathered package Locals + Superstations for $8.99.

I had Locals + Superstations + NY DNS for $11.99 but lost it when Dish fubar'd DNS.

NightRyder

NightRyder

Well I told Dish cancellation dept that I only want HD only and I hate all the TOP 60 now 100 channels of crap. And they took $20 off my bill so I am paying $29.99 for 10 months until Dish comes out with an all HD package. I still don't get NGEO-HD which is total B.S. Now that Court TV is in TOp 250 they can move NGEO down to 100 :)

Court tv is at top 200 and I want to know who you complained to at DISH and at what time of day did you call in? Did you talk to any csr or did you have to threaten to cancel to get the discount?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts