Called Dish to Do HD Upgrade - Disappointed They CANNOT Guarantee a 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wouldn't anyone receiving a 622 at this late date in fact get a refurb rather then a brand new one or are there still new ones floating around?

Should not be any new ones. They stopped manufacture years ago, and I suspect some returns are trashed rather than repaired. Some early ViP622 units had bad mountings for the HDMI. I suspect at this point, a new ViP722K costs them less than swapping out a ViP622 mobo or repairing it.

vash1090 said:
5% chance. We are required to have at least one 722(k) every day and van stock is three. Right now I have one 622 and two 722k. I'll use the 622 on a new install and hopefully not get another one

That must depend on you location, as out here in "great ole cali" we can only keep 2 622/722k's on our vans. And only what is in the warehouse at the time.

2 weeks ago all we had was 622, had to get my manager to approve a roll oit to replace the reciever with 722 when instock, in order to get the job completed on that day.

Any ways some weeks its a crap shoot, if the installer shows up demand a 722k if they cant give it to you, reschedule/cancel. The customer should get what they want, not what the company may have.

Hi, this is Mike with DISH Network. As everybody has mentioned up to this point, you will need a new dish. The designated dish is dependent upon where your HD locals are found (Eastern Arc 1k.4 or Western Arc 1k.2). Most Dish'n It Up's (upgrades by their promotional name) will come with the best box available based on supplies in your particular market area. As of right now, that box is typically a 722/722k. Also, I would like to give props to everyone who posted this information prior to me. It is always nice to hear that your experience with DISH Network was good, as Argji posted. Let us know if you have any further questions as we're here to help!

We carry at least three 722 or 722ks, if not more. But a few months ago all we had in the warehouse were 622s.
What's with all the @dish people " giving props" to everyone? I see that in nearly every post.

I hope you don't end up with a 622. I had 2 units that failed within 6 months. They both did exactly the same thing. The never ending resetting problem. I ended up with a 722K and love it. No problems at all. I also just renewed my contract and they gave me another 722k. I love Dish!!

I am on my third 622. The first was the HDMI problem and the other one was the hard drive. The current one I have requires unplugging every now and then due to no sound, picture freeze, or hanging up when navigating in the interactive sections.

I will see what I will be sent when this 622 fails. And it will.

I hope you don't end up with a 622. I had 2 units that failed within 6 months. They both did exactly the same thing. The never ending resetting problem. I ended up with a 722K and love it. No problems at all. I also just renewed my contract and they gave me another 722k. I love Dish!!

They told me same thing a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to do a Dish-It-Up from a 722 to a 722k. They said to call them if I didn't get a k model. Received a 722k by UPS so I lucked out.

Mine is currently located on the corner of a low overhang on the back of my house...I can easily reach it w/ a broom to knock off the snow, plus it's not mounted ON the roof (through the shingles), which is what I don't want.
Do you really get enough snow to worry about down there?

Must have something to do with the angle of the dangle, in NW Oh, ours has been through ice and snow storms over a dozen years and I've never cleaned a dish off yet!

Sloppy-wet snow is typically far more trouble than feet of dry powder.

Snow that comes only once every few years isn't my idea of insufferable.

On Sunday after the snow here in Charlotte my Dish was completely covered in snow. I did lose the signal on a few transponders but not all. I was able to watch all my locals and with no issues. I can't clean it off because its on the roof. I'm on EA.