This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Called For A Subscription Change And Wound Up Saving Money

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2008
The wife and I each have a Starmate in our vehicles. We pay automatically each month through our bank account. A couple of years ago we bought a third radio for my brother-in-law and offered to pay for his subscription as a Christmas/Birthday present every year. We've had that deducted from our account every 6 months.

Said brother-in-law hasn't used the radio in a few months. I intended to cancel his subscription but kept putting it off. Yesterday I saw the charge on my account for the next 6 months and decided to call a CSR to cancel and maybe get some of that money back, pro-rated.

The second CSR I spoke to offered to credit my bank account for almost all of the charge and then gave me 3 months of all subscriptions for free. I've placed September 23 on my calendar to cancel the third subscription (or have my brother-in-law take it over).

I'm hoping this isn't too good to be true. I wasn't complaining, but it seems to be a customer-retention deal my account might have been due for.