Called to upgrade to Dish 1000...CSR said ----

I bought a Dish1000 last week. Admittedly, this was from a friend who runs a security business that does DISH installs on the side. But he got it in on one days notice from his supplier in Phoenix. Phoenix is NOT a 129 market...in fact, they have all 15 locals uplinked at 119. So these are sitting in warehouses all over the country- not just in Superdish markets.

I fully expected to wait a week, if my friend was even able to get one at all. He said "Hi Def is going to drive the DISH 1000, not locals."

Ya gotta wonder if the CSR is blatantly lying or blatantly stupid. I didn't know it would be so easy to get, but there was certainly plenty of evidence that it had been "released".

BTW, the ol "cover the 110 eye" is an absolute necessity if doing a DISH 1000 self install. I got 119/129 on the Twin 3 times before I tried it. I finally had to make a little mark to indicate the WRONG azimuth so I wouldn't do it again. 119 is so strong on it, you will still get a signal several degrees in either direction.

I am in Rocky Mount VA and called Dish to have the WB and UPN locals added and ACS came out and installed a Dish 1000.

chopkins said:
I am in Rocky Mount VA and called Dish to have the WB and UPN locals added and ACS came out and installed a Dish 1000.

Did you have to pay for it, or was it free....are you a new customer or were you just calling to updgrade the locals?

I just called and they said I could only get the dish 500. :mad: :mad: :mad: They said that they are not required to do the dish 1000 and basically said that they have the dish 500 that they need to get rid of......If I wanted the Dish 1000 I would have to pay $200 for it.

Gee thanks, put your junk that noone else wants on my house.....thanks!!!

looks like an email to the CEO will be my next step!!!

BrownHound said:
Did you have to pay for it, or was it free....are you a new customer or were you just calling to updgrade the locals?

I just called and they said I could only get the dish 500. :mad: :mad: :mad: They said that they are not required to do the dish 1000 and basically said that they have the dish 500 that they need to get rid of......If I wanted the Dish 1000 I would have to pay $200 for it.

Gee thanks, put your junk that noone else wants on my house.....thanks!!!

looks like an email to the CEO will be my next step!!!

Dish Store.Net sells them for a hundred if you know how to install it your self.

I just bought a dish 1000 dish by itself without the lnbs, because I already had a dishpro plus twin and a dishpro lnb for a dish500 + a side sat dish for 61.5. I got the dish from Dishdepot.com for 49.99 and a satellite finder for 29.99 for a grand total of 79.98 , and no tax since I live outside of the state of Florida.

It came with a small manual with step by step instructions on how to set up the dish 1000 and also had a master list of all zipcodes with azmiths, elevations and skews. I followed the instructions by number and in less than 20 minutes I had a 97 signal on the 119 w satellite , which is all you need to tweak the sat dish 1000, and I was in business. It helped to have the satellite finder .

I used a rg6 cable from Radio shack to do the 129 sat install. It said it required a 5 and a half inch cable but I used a 6". It was very simple and now I have one dish for my locals and Voom. Better signal strength on the Voom channels as well compared to 61.5. I still have the 61.5 side dish set up on another pole next to my new dish1000, just incase I ever need to go back to that sat for any hd they might add there first. The funny thing is the only channel I didn't get from my Houston locals was Channel 55 the Tube. The other 6 or 7 were hispanic channels I can't understand anyway. But I still got better strength on the Voom channels.

Quote by Brownhound

I am a old customer and I just wanted to receive the UPN station that I was not presently receiving. I did not ask for Dish 1000, ACS installed it on their own. It was free.

chopkins said:
Quote by Brownhound
I am a old customer and I just wanted to receive the UPN station that I was not presently receiving. I did not ask for Dish 1000, ACS installed it on their own. It was free.

Thanks...maybe if I just ask for the upgrade, they will do the Dish 1000...the CSR said they would have to do the second dish...I will try to just deal with ACS once they have the install order...thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)