Possible to upgrade receiver w/o install fee?

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
Obviously aside from purchasing the receiver outright, is there any way to swap a receiver through DIU without getting hit with the install fee? I know they likely won't do it for a 522 but is it possible to get a 510 and avoid the $50 "nonsense fee"?

i just swapped out my 301 for a 942(i purchased)....installed my self..
called and activated it/ turned the other off....(((no fees)))
i do not have a contract with dish however...my orginal 1 year agreement expired...

tdish said:
i just swapped out my 301 for a 942(i purchased)....installed my self..called and activated it/ turned the other off....(((no fees)))
i do not have a contract with dish however...my orginal 1 year agreement expired...
Did they do an even swap for your 942 or did they charge you for the 301? Just today I just tried to swap my 811 for a 301 but they wanted $50 to do that.

new_to_hdtv said:
Just today I just tried to swap my 811 for a 301 but they wanted $50 to do that.

Did they offer it without installation (ie ship it to you and you install)? That's what I'm after (in my case a 4000 ->510) but seem to be running into resistance from the CSRs. May have to play some more CSR roulette tonight and see if someone else will go for it (that or try the "CEO" email address)

new_to_hdtv said:
Did they do an even swap for your 942 or did they charge you for the 301? Just today I just tried to swap my 811 for a 301 but they wanted $50 to do that.

yes it was an even swap..i purchased the receiver from a third party...
called dish....swaped it out with the 301 NO FEES...they told me they would send a box for me to return the 301,,

did you purchase/lease the 811 from dish or third party?...the 942 was not offered by dish so i have to buy it from a third party $600.00. so thats the least they could do for me.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)