caller i d

cobra2225

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
ky
seems like overnight my 625 lost the ability to show the caller id screen, anyone else have this problem, should i reset my 625 ?

My 625 has been doing that lately. I fix it by going to the main menu and then clicking "system setup" and then "diagnostics". Click "connection". It will test your phone connection. With mine, it will say "failure, bad connection" or something like that. But I try again and then it says "connection OK". After that, my caller ID works fine for the rest of the day. And then the next day I have to repeat the process. This has been going on now for three days. I don't know why.

Ever since the update, my 625 has no caller ID. I checked the connection and it says its fine. Its my GFs phone, so I couldn't care less. Also, its hooked up to one of those wireless plug in the wall things since there is no outlet close by.

seems like overnight my 625 lost the ability to show the caller id screen, anyone else have this problem, should i reset my 625 ?

It would not hurt to try a front panel reset.

625 has had caller id issues in the past. Could be a bug in the software update. For about 3 months mine never worked, then one day it came to life.

caller id

thanks guy's i have tried all the above, and after doing any of the above it picks up the first call,then dead again.

I usualy go into system setup... turn caller id off and exit... then go back into system setup and turn it back on again...

hard system reboot works too...

My 625 has been doing that lately. I fix it by going to the main menu and then clicking "system setup" and then "diagnostics". Click "connection". It will test your phone connection. With mine, it will say "failure, bad connection" or something like that. But I try again and then it says "connection OK". After that, my caller ID works fine for the rest of the day. And then the next day I have to repeat the process. This has been going on now for three days. I don't know why.
This works for me as well. I just thought it was because I had digital phone from the crappy cable company...

call id

all the above work, but it only works for me for 1 caqll then i have to do something again, i think i'll call dish, and try to explain to them that i'm not the only one with this problem, seems that when you call they don't want to fix problems they just want to ship you a new unit and i don't won't to go though setting up my record list again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)