Columbus, GA Locals

danielsexton

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Does anyone have any insight into why Columbus, GA local channels are not carried by either D* or E*?

I have spoke with the local stations and they claim that they are ready, able and willing to be carried by both providers, however the providers aren't interested in carring them.

The Columbus stations broadcast to a VERY large area and the CSA has a population of at least 420,965 people.

The FCC service area map of one of the local stations can be seen here.

As you can see this is a large area with LOTS of rural customers who most likely aren't severed by cable company's.

Anyone have any idea's as to why neither provider has picked up what seem's like a perfect fit for local channels?

Does anyone have any insight into why Columbus, GA local channels are not carried by either D* or E*?

I have spoke with the local stations and they claim that they are ready, able and willing to be carried by both providers, however the providers aren't interested in carring them.

The Columbus stations broadcast to a VERY large area and the CSA has a population of at least 420,965 people.

The FCC service area map of one of the local stations can be seen here.

As you can see this is a large area with LOTS of rural customers who most likely aren't severed by cable company's.

Anyone have any idea's as to why neither provider has picked up what seem's like a perfect fit for local channels?

Like you I am in one of the smaller markets also not carried by E* or D*, Dish claims they cover 96% of the country, but unfortunatly that does not help us 4% in the boondocks. we depend on Distant networks for some channels. Hopefully when E* loses the ability to transmit DNS, they will decide to uplink the 4% of the country not up now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts