Caller ID issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
CID on our old DP311 receivers worked great. Nice big display and no problems. We upgrading to a 722k and 2x211s and I gotta say I dont like the way CID looks. Its too small for one thing imo, as the DP311 had a nice big display on the bottom of the screen instead of being on top.

Also for some reason it wont put dashes in numbers, i.e. 555-5555 so making out numbers is harder.

Lastly I received a call last night and the name was garbled up, weird characters and squares. No number either.

We didnt change anything with our phone setup, so whats the deal?

CID on our old DP311 receivers worked great. Nice big display and no problems. We upgrading to a 722k and 2x211s and I gotta say I dont like the way CID looks. Its too small for one thing imo, as the DP311 had a nice big display on the bottom of the screen instead of being on top.

Also for some reason it wont put dashes in numbers, i.e. 555-5555 so making out numbers is harder.

Lastly I received a call last night and the name was garbled up, weird characters and squares. No number either.

We didnt change anything with our phone setup, so whats the deal?

Nothing is wrong with your phone setup or receivers. That's just the way Dish designed the software for the those receivers. I do agree that Dish should redesign the software so that either "spaces" or "dashes" show up in the phone number.

The only thing I can suggest is that you IM one of the DIRT team to pass on the request. If Dish gets enough request (or complaints), they might change it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)