Dish VIP 722: What is the largest size supported USB External Hard Disk?

user name

Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
What is the largest size supported USB External Hard Disk compatible with the Dish Network VIP 722 -1.5 TB or 2 TB ?

Thanks in advance!

Murray

Thanks gentlemen!

One more question, are USB External Hard Drives now freely "portable" to be carried from room-to-room and attached from one 722 to another to play recordings made/stored from and/or on different 722's and or 211's?

Murray

If they are in the same EHD family, yes the EHD can be moved between receivers. If you try to cross families, it will require a format (a 722 can not share with a 211)

612/622/722/722k/922 can share (archiving)

211/211k/411 can share (DVR conversion)

What 2TB Hard Drive and which USB External Enclosure?

What 2TB Hard Drive and which USB External Enclosure do you guys recommend to hold up to 24/7 connection to a 722?

Murray

If I replace my smaller external hard drive with a 2TB one (for my 622), is there a fee to activate the new one? Do I need to pay the $40 again?

Thx

What 2TB Hard Drive and which USB External Enclosure do you guys recommend to hold up to 24/7 connection to a 722?
The off-the-shelf Western Digital or Seagate USB setups are typically good. They are often cheaper than bare drives.

If you pay much more than $90 for a complete 2TB setup, you're spending too much.

Thanks for the answers. Does the WD Elements have anything I need to set before I start using it (like turning off that awful sleep feature on my Seagate)? It took me forever to figure out how to disable that without losing my recordings.

Thanks for the answers. Does the WD Elements have anything I need to set before I start using it (like turning off that awful sleep feature on my Seagate)? It took me forever to figure out how to disable that without losing my recordings.

Nope, just plug it in and it will format....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts