Caller ID not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhcookyjar

Original poster
May 15, 2008
Milford, NH
I have Comcast Voice with internet and directv, but for some strange reason caller ID does not work with my HR22-100, but yet the phone works fine.

Could someone shed alittle light on thise for me?

In MENU there is a Caller ID feature. Select ON.

IF you do not have a caller ID feature with your landline provider you will not have Caller ID with DTV

Is a phone line connected to your receiver? Does it have a DT (Dial Tone)?...You can put a phone splitter in the back of the DTV receiver, run a phone line in and connect a land line phone from the splitter.

Any help?

Joe

Ok this is probably not what you wanna hear but this is what ive been told... If you go into the menu and run a system test and the phone tests ok, but your caller id is coming up unavailable DirecTVs official position is....Oh well.

Now if nothing is coming up on the screen when you have a phone call then JD is right you have to turn caller id notifications on in the menu. And make sure you have Caller id from your l;ocal provider.

I've got a regular old landline from Qwest and it has never worked right with DirecTV and my HR-22. Every once in a while it works, but most of the time it is either UNAVAILABLE or it just doesn't even pop up at all.

Caller ID worked fine on my Dish 622 so its obviously just DirecTV's box sucks at it.

I've got a regular old landline from Qwest and it has never worked right with DirecTV and my HR-22. Every once in a while it works, but most of the time it is either UNAVAILABLE or it just doesn't even pop up at all.

Caller ID worked fine on my Dish 622 so its obviously just DirecTV's box sucks at it.

I have the same Caller ID issue with my R22-100 and AT&T service.AT&T came out said the problem is in the DVR software.Knowing that the DirecTV HR2xs and R22s are works in progress I just keep my wireless phone beside me until it's fixed.At least my one touch recording works good.:)

I think mine show a call twice in the last year and a half, and your right the 622 worked flawlessly.

How many of you posting in this thread are also doing CE downloads ?

It seems that they are hit and miss with the Caller Id , but then again, thats NOT thier thing.

I have the same trouble, some CE's it works and others it doesn't, but then again, thats NOT what they do, so as long as the TV and picture are the way they are, I'm not gonna worry about Caller Id, my phone and Fax both have the CID on them, if the DTV box works, that's an added bonus.
I wish it worked everytime, but I know it doesn't, so I don't worry about it.

I do the CE's every weekend (unless I'm out of town) and the VAST majority of the time caller ID works just fine. I've used it with Vonage, AT&T POTS with DSL service on the line and Time Warner digital phone. This includes HR20/HR21/HR22/HR21 and H21 receivers.

What's a CE download?

Re caller ID, it works fine on my HR22 DVR unit, but won't work on 2 other HR23 units that I have. I think someone said caller ID would only work on 1 unit in a home. I don't know if that's a true statement in general, but it's true in my place.

However, I believe its work is questionable as it take 2-3 rings for it to pop up on the screen. Then, its a RACE to the phone if its someone I don't want to rollover to my answering machine.

Seems like caller id can be a hit or miss. It worked fine with my H20 but when it was replaced with the H21 it didn't. I have Qwest DSL. Thru an online search I found some were successful by installing a second DSL filter. In my case this solved the problem

I have 2 HR22's with an AT&T land line and it works most of time. Ever once in a while it doesn't display, but that's less then once a month.

I do remember a service issue with one brand of receiver and the caller ID. IF the system was not grounded in the normal way the caller ID would not work. Ground the system and the caller ID would work (better than ungrounded).

A thought,

Joe

I have an HR21 and recently the caller id stopped working. Maybe as a result of new firmware?

It had worked before, the id still shows up on phones so it is not a phone system problem.

The receiver is hooked to a functioning line as it recently displayed the following message" Incoming call, contact your phone company to subscribe to caller ID"

Here is what I heard on the caller id issues:

Since Comcast Voice is digital, some have said that the digital line may not work right. Some have said putting a dsl filter on the back of the D* unit may help.

Some say when the caller id log gets full, it stops working until they clear it out. Others need a reboot/reset to start working again.

I have 4 HR20s (2 -100 & 2 -700). Caller id will work for the most part on all 4 but the -700s NEVER pass the modem test in the system test menu. They will not call out either, but caller id comes in just fine.

It seems hit-or-miss. If you REALLY want caller id to work try:

-resets
-clear log
-add a dsl filter

No guarantees! :p

It seems that they are hit and miss with the Caller Id , but then again, thats NOT thier thing.

I have the same trouble, some CE's it works and others it doesn't, but then again, thats NOT what they do, so as long as the TV and picture are the way they are, I'm not gonna worry about Caller Id, my phone and Fax both have the CID on them, if the DTV box works, that's an added bonus.
I wish it worked everytime, but I know it doesn't, so I don't worry about it.

My R22-100 is on the national release 0x312.I used to do the other downloads I was getting the same results.

CE = "cutting edge". It's basically beta software that can be downloaded during certain times to users that agree to the testing of it. It may have new features but often is just new code to filter out bugs and improver stability. It often erases recordings, todo lists and other things as they work toward a stable release.

Once again, what's a CE download?

CE = "cutting edge". It's basically beta software that can be downloaded during certain times to users that agree to the testing of it. It may have new features but often is just new code to filter out bugs and improver stability. It often erases recordings, todo lists and other things as they work toward a stable release.

Thanks Goober,

BlueEos,
Once the Beta testing is done for a certain code, and D& is happy with it, they will release it to everyone.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you about it, I missed it earlier.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts