Caller id still an issue?

300mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Have it on my hws but won't display on super joey or joeys. First line tech support said it won't work after checking into it. Said it's not available on joeys and only available on hopper. When I pushed asking why it's in the joey settings. She transfered me to advanced tech support. He agreed it should and after verifying everything( software level, broadband connection, Moca, bridging and caller id enabled on joeys) he said he needed to submit ticket to engineering. Any hope of seeing caller id on joeys?

No dsl, no filters and no prefix needed. The caller id works on the hws and passes the phone connection test. On the joeys no caller id and fails the connection test immediately unlike on hws it checks the connection for 5-10 seconds before passing the test. Since the phone line is only connected to hws doesn't it just send the caller id over moca?

Yes bridging is enabled, if I disable bridging them I would loose my broadband connection on the joeys.

I doubt it it's not working on 2 joeys and a super joey. Does yours pass phone connection test on the joeys?

My Joeys don't have a phone line connection.

A comment on Bridging. I was not able to enable it til 2 software upgrades ago. It would default back to un bridged. Caller ID still worked. I wonder if it matters if it is on or off.

Just seen on another thread Bridging has to be on to have broadband to a Super Joey. Like I said, it never used to let me turn it on and everything worked. Must of had something to do with software.

Nope. It shows a red box there and says check connection. I guess the phone line has to be connected to the Joey for it to pass that test.
Well at least I know that's normal on my end. Funny part is even if I wanted to plug phone line directly into joeys/ super joeys I can't because they don't have a phone jack(unless I missed it)

Just seen on another thread Bridging has to be on to have broadband to a Super Joey. Like I said, it never used to let me turn it on and everything worked. Must of had something to do with software.
Yeah. The caller id hasn't worked on the joey since installed a month ago, only on the hopper. Latest software updated on all units. I have tried with bridging enabled and disabled but as noted I loose broadband on the s.j.

I have bridging disabled and never had a problem with caller id. 1 Hopper, 1 SJ, 2 J
Do you have voip or tell landline? some people reported having issues with voip lines. Either that I wonder if it could be the way the system was wired up.

The OP said it was fine on the HWS...just a Joey/SJ issue. I have Vonage and no issue with 2 HWS & 3Joeys.

Do you have voip or tell landline? some people reported having issues with voip lines. Either that I wonder if it could be the way the system was wired up.

I have google voice via OBI, real landline from telco, and cable company landline, tested all three, all work fine- no difference.

I have google voice via OBI, real landline from telco, and cable company landline, tested all three, all work fine- no difference.
Thanks, I will see what happens tomorrow. Oddly enough dish called me yesterday and said they were getting error messages back from the system and wanted to know it wanted to do troubleshooting over the phone or have a tech come out at no charge. I thought this was odd even I have been having a issue with the sj and had do reset the hopper to fix. I then found out from my wife that the joey in the master was doing the same issue so I'm thinking the hws may have a issue and perhaps this ties into the caller id issue. Is that odd of dish calling???

That would be their outbound team. If your receiver is IP connected, then starts showing regular errors, it triggers in their system and they call you

The catch with the outbound dish team, is you can tell them you are going to call the main number yourself, and they will notate the account. That's tbe sure fire way still free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)