DIRT please help a brand new customer and give honest answer about primetime anytime not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phxbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I posted a thread in the dish forum regarding the same issue so please delete my old thread if it is a problem. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...s-except-last-night-it-did-not-record.341934/ My old thread is starting to get buried and got a little off topic and thought this question is more appropriate to post in the Hopper forum. Plus now this is night 2 of the problem and I'm getting fed up and want to provide more information.

I am brand new, 2 week old customer of dish. I have one hopper with sling and one super joey. Primetime anytime and the entire hopper system was extremely impressive and worked great for 2 weeks. Now I'm beginning to have primetime anytime issues at night. On 9/14 was the start of the problem. Primetime anytime was not recording any of the local channels and when I tried to access those local channels I would get a black screen. The menu system begins to get bogged down and slow like an old computer during this time. The recall button did not work. That night on 9/14 I reset the boxes and everything started working again. Primetime anytime was recording, menu system was fast, and I could access locals.

Last night, 9/15 the problem happened again but a little different. Nbc, cbs, and fox were showing being recorded by primetime anytime but when I tried to access those channels I got a black screen and again the recall button was not working and menus acted like a slow computer. If you noticed I didn't mention abc, which wasn't showing being recorded at all, so extra strange only seeing 3 out of the 4 networks listed under tuner 5. But nothing got recorded on any of the local networks so it didn't really matter ABC not showing up.

I knew the fix to my problem was to reset the boxes. But this is the second night in a row and I'm a brand new customer! I don't want to have the thought that every single night I will have to reset my boxes for primetime anytime to work and for the Hopper to perform like it should.

I decided to contact dish chat support. I spoke with someone reading scripts, English was obviously a second language, and all they could tell me is this is a known issue, there is no eta, and to reset my boxes. I ended up resetting the boxes and everything started working again. But this is unacceptable. I do not want to be resetting my boxes every single night.

I would like an honest answer from the DIRT team is if primetime anytime is broken. This feature was a major selling point for me, and if I have to turn it off I will be really disappointed about losing features. I have been told and read on other forum posts that you can turn primetime anytime off or only record one network so that I will still have the autohop feature and this may fix the problem. I have yet to try either one of those to see if it will fix the problem because I really don't want to do that. I loved for 2 weeks all the network primetime shows were recorded. I discovered new shows that way, and was glad it was on.

I want to know is there any type of fix for this issue other than turning off primetime anytime. Is primetime anytime really broken but continues to be advertised by dish with no eta for a fix? And yes primetime anytime is on, and all networks are selected.

DISH receivers are known to be "funky" for their first 48 hours, as its still downloading and setting things up in the background.

I would say that... or a bad box is probably the issue. Prime Time Anytime is working if it wasn't this forum would be filled with unhappy people talking about it. :)

Give it another shot tonight and see how you make out, and if there are issues then I am sure DIRT can help you. :)

DISH receivers are known to be "funky" for their first 48 hours, as its still downloading and setting things up in the background.

I would say that... or a bad box is probably the issue. Prime Time Anytime is working if it wasn't this forum would be filled with unhappy people talking about it. :)

Give it another shot tonight and see how you make out, and if there are issues then I am sure DIRT can help you. :)
Thanks for the reply. But my dish receiver is 2 weeks old. Unless your saying that resetting the Hopper box begins this 48 hour process.

No I read your message wrong... (See what happens when you read and talk on the phone at the same time)

If its two weeks old and doing this then yes contact DIRT. (I will contact them for you now although not sure when someone is on today, but someone will help you out.) :D

No I read your message wrong... (See what happens when you read and talk on the phone at the same time)

If its two weeks old and doing this then yes contact DIRT. (I will contact them for you now although not sure when someone is on today, but someone will help you out.) :D
Thank you for getting me in touch with someone with DIRT. After speaking wish dish chat support I have gotten extremely disappointed that this problem will not go away.

It just requires a replacement. I had the same issue, the replacement resolved it. I suspect it is a software meets specific hardware issue. Get a replacement. You'll be fine.

It just requires a replacement. I had the same issue, the replacement resolved it. I suspect it is a software meets specific hardware issue. Get a replacement. You'll be fine.
What is the best/easiest way to request a replacement box? I feel that if I call tech support that I will get someone from a different country who tells me to just reset the box to get everything working. Also I'm guessing my super joey box is fine and I will need a hopper replacement?

Call in and just say you want a replacement. Tell them you did all trouble shooting. Worse case scenario, ask for broadband department, since that job is only in America.

Call in and just say you want a replacement. Tell them you did all trouble shooting. Worse case scenario, ask for broadband department, since that job is only in America.
Chad I can't thank you enough for your continued help.

I'm speaking with dirt on the dish forums and they do not want to replace my hopper due to this primetime anytime problem because it being a known problem. I'm so frustrated. I guess I'll try calling next, maybe I need to think of another way to word my problem and avoid saying primetime anytime due to dishs unwillingness to replace the box due to this problem. I'm using the box as it was designed and it is giving me problems. I can't believe everyone doesn't have this problem. I must be one unlucky sob

Honestly, I hate to say this, but you can lie also, saying the hard drive field in block 'f' is red. That is an automatic replacement after reset being performed. It has been a known issue for almost a year now, and was a known issue when I beta tested almost 2 years ago. That is how I came to the conclusion that it was software meets certain hardware components, that just don't want to play nicely. Otherwise more people would be affected.

Here is what the dirt member sent me. Is he saying the work around is to not save a local network show during primetime anytime. The save series option?
From dirt
This problem is actually a known issue with PTAT. I have added your account and receiver information to the ticket that has been submitted to our engineers. The current work around for this is to ensure a series timer is not set...
ensure a series timer is not setup for the content being recorded.

That means do not have "csi" set up to record while ptat is set up to record. If that makes sense.
OK. I bet that might be my problem, but I'm still asking for a replacement box anyway. The reason we do the save series option is to move specific shows out of that primetime anytime folder and into the main folder.

OK. I bet that might be my problem, but I'm still asking for a replacement box anyway. The reason we do the save series option is to move specific shows out of that primetime anytime folder and into the main folder.
Also I'm not doing anything our of the ordinary. This is normal operation. And yes if everyone had my problem they would get it fixed so it must be some hardware problem on less than 1% of their boxes

You can hit save series in the ptat folder and it will automatically save the series to my recording from then on. You don't need a timer then. Just a suggestion

You can hit save series in the ptat folder and it will automatically save the series to my recording from then on. You don't need a timer then. Just a suggestion
That is what I have done is the save series option. So dirt isn't talking about that, there saying pulling up the guide and saving a series manually through the guide. Maybe we have done that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)