Caller ID with Voom?

Works for me evey time! :up

Last night I got the update and the Caller ID didn't work. And yes, my STB is connected to a phone line and I subscribe to the CallerID service from the phone company.

Walter L. said:
Last night I got the update and the Caller ID didn't work. And yes, my STB is connected to a phone line and I subscribe to the CallerID service from the phone company.

My box had the same problem and it was a defective modem. You can test the modem by going to the System Settings screen, then #7 Installer Menu, and then key in 988 (or is it 998?). You'll then get another menu screen with an option for Modem setup and test.

Problem with my caller id. The first time it worked fine checking it out, but then I noticed that when the phone rings, it shows the previous caller instead fo the current callers #. Anyone else notice this?

jtrayall said:
Problem with my caller id. The first time it worked fine checking it out, but then I noticed that when the phone rings, it shows the previous caller instead fo the current callers #. Anyone else notice this?
I noticed this also... could this be a bug with the caller ID function?

jtrayall said:
Yes, this happens with my receivers too. I ended up disabling callerID because of this.

Does the stb retain any kind of CID log? I haven't had a single call while watching TV since the upgrade so I have no idea what it does.

it must since for some reason after my latest stb CRASh, CID is displaying the CID about 5 calls back in the same order they were received last night. Quite annoying to think its family calling and to find after i answer the ph its a telemarketer.....lol.... for DISH.....lol

Is someone trying to tell me sum thin...lol

Voom. Its not just a sat provider, its a sat provider on crack !!!! lol

My Views on Voom - Phones and Caller ID !!!

:confused: About the last thing I want .... is to be distrubed when I'm watching HDTV. I keep and maintain a home phone line for the alarm company, major equipment like Voom and other service provider's equipment that require or think they require
a land line phone connection and I pay about 13 a month for that necessary but nusicence requirement. I give that unlisted number out to nobody, never period. All calls except for emerengies ei Alarm, and speical services, home services. I have a Digital PCS phone for all people - friends - business - and every important issue that gets received and ansered almost anywhere i travel, work and go to. My digital PCS phone has caller, id, call waiting,
and most important a off site mailbox for all calls that get answered when I'm relaxing and watching important Voom HD programming. I'd prefer to leave the little PCS phone in it's charger stand and if and when I have the time a little red light blinks on the pcs phone to tell me I had a call, when it's convenient for me. :p I have a computer system for my friends to e-mail me and I can once again read it when it convient for me with any distrubance except for a faint XP Pro tone that new e-mail has come in... :cool:

Voom and it's HD programming very valuable .. ;)

A little PCS with vibrate mode and a little Red led light that tells you you HAD a call and display that tells you who and one button to push to call them? PRICELESS :eureka

That's my opinion
:rainbow Voomster

I just tested this on my STB and I can confirm. The CallerID displayed is from 3 phone calls ago. A little misleading. I have disabled the CallerID function until this can be fixed.

I had the same problem with the caller ID showing past caller. I corrected this problem by power cycling the STB for a couple of minutes.

You have to turn the feature back on after reseting the box by either the power button or power cycling.

--Steve

A reboot will fix the caller id function for the next use only. The second call will display the info from the first call. The third call will display the info from the 1st call. The 4th call will display the info from the 2nd call. Then after that it will always be 3 calls behind.

I rebooted

I've tried everything, and I can get it to work at all....it's the same on both TV's too.....maybe they'll get it right next time?

Mine worked a few times but now it's dead. I have tried to turn it off reboot and turn it back on reboot but nothing helps :no

Just my report------Caller ID worked fine for me right after the update, and has continued to work flawlessly since. 2 to 3 weeks now, I am not saying you guys aren't having problems, just that I am NOT!!!

My reciever is a year old now, and has never had any problems whatsoever, so maybe the older boxes are more stable?

Ours has worked flawlessly.

We also have Dish and our 501 displays the CallerID screen about 30% of the time. The other 70% of the time, we get no screen at all. Voom has displayed the correct info each and every time the phone rings.

Guys, I have a theory regarding CID: I noticed when I first got this with Dish on my 6000 that when I had my other phone hooked up that also has CID, they seemed to fight over control of which device displayed it. Maybe it was coincidence, but I NEVER had both devices display the CID at the same time. Is this the case at your house? Do you have more than one CID device?

I have noticed since I plugged in one Voom stb to the phone line and enabled CID that I no longer see who is calling on my main phone, it just displays "Incoming Call" as it does when I don't have CID turned on from the phone company. FWIW, I have yet to have the TV turned on that has CID enabled when a call comes in, so I can't verify if it is even working on Voom.

Who's a phone expert out there and can quantify this?

DarrellP said:
Guys, I have a theory regarding CID: I noticed when I first got this with Dish on my 6000 that when I had my other phone hooked up that also has CID, they seemed to fight over control of which device displayed it. Maybe it was coincidence, but I NEVER had both devices display the CID at the same time. Is this the case at your house? Do you have more than one CID device?

I have noticed since I plugged in one Voom stb to the phone line and enabled CID that I no longer see who is calling on my main phone, it just displays "Incoming Call" as it does when I don't have CID turned on from the phone company. FWIW, I have yet to have the TV turned on that has CID enabled when a call comes in, so I can't verify if it is even working on Voom.

Who's a phone expert out there and can quantify this?

Must be different systems in different parts of the country, I have CID in every room, on every phone, and they all display full info on every call.

Unless its blocked or there is no info of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)