Calling All Mastec Employees...please Read

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k514vh2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Soooo.....This is the wife of a DTV installer in Central Florida who currently works for Mastec. It was confirmed today (in a sly way...) that DTV is buying out Mastec and has already done so on the West Coast. Do any techs on the west coast have anything good to say about the transition or what the deal is? What are the pay differences?? How about the van issue, charge backs, and drive time? Were there layoffs? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!!

P.S. We haven't had the best of luck with Mastec so this might possibly be a good deal for us. The pay is okay and it seems like they are making good changes, but there has been lots of talk since Mastec put a freeze on all hiring and promotions.

You might get a better read placing this into the Installers area as opposed to the end users threads..

Charper1,
You are correct and your message is stated in a gentlemanly fashion. However, I get dinged on the installer sites for interjecting stories of oppressed installers into cx inquiries about the workings of DTV.

Two things always come to me regarding MASTEC stories. The first is the Pearl Buck story
Chinese Lace where the seamstress works to make a dress for the rich Brit lady to earn money for a coffin. The other thing I always remember is the the truth hurts only if it should.

Pictures from the sky; who'da thunk it?

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.