Calling BTV & SD from the US for problems?

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
I'm just curious, for those that have BTV or SD in the US and your having issues who do call to fix the problem? your broker or or BTV or SD. I know more or less you have a "Canadian address' "supposely" Now I'm not sure how it exactly works in the US but for me(in Canada Dish) I call a number and I tell them of the issue and they fix the problem. I'm not even sure what US address I have. I know I'm getting Syaracrus(SP) as my US locals. :confused:

If you use a broker you have to go through them for everything....plain and simple

But if you don't, you can call Shaw or Bell. I know Shaw's toll free number works in the states. Used it many times
Bell I dont know if you have to use the 416 number or if the toll free number works

If you've been with them for awhile, some brokers will give you your account information so you can call them direct for routine stuff. Shaw will want your account number, service address, phone number and name on the account. From the US, dial the *67 prefix to block your ID. If they question that, just say you're not home or on a cell. I've found the Shaw CSRs friendly and don't ask too many prying questions.
Also, much of what you need is on their website. Once you register, you can change programming, rehit your receivers (Authorization Reset or Master Reset) and other useful tasks.

If you use a broker you have to go through them for everything....plain and simple

But if you don't, you can call Shaw or Bell. I know Shaw's toll free number works in the states. Used it many times
Bell I dont know if you have to use the 416 number or if the toll free number works

If you've been with them for awhile, some brokers will give you your account information so you can call them direct for routine stuff. Shaw will want your account number, service address, phone number and name on the account. From the US, dial the *67 prefix to block your ID. If they question that, just say you're not home or on a cell. I've found the Shaw CSRs friendly and don't ask too many prying questions.
Also, much of what you need is on their website. Once you register, you can change programming, rehit your receivers (Authorization Reset or Master Reset) and other useful tasks.
You CANNOT block your ID to a 800 number.

as noted above you can't *67 a toll free number. Well you can but it will still show up on the receiving end via ANI
Shaw doesnt care what number you are calling from. I've called them with my 612 area code cell phone (MN) and yet my phone number on file is 807 (NW Ontario)

Hi everybody I'm bringing this thread back to life hope that's okay.

We just got Shaw and we're supposed to be getting some PPV credit and someone said we could order PPV from the website but I guess thats gone away. So some other people said just call its all automated and noone will know were calling from the US but what if they keep track of the numbers? I found this thread and its a year old so has anything changed? We jsut got Shaw and we're going to lose Bell with the new sattelite so we sure don't want to p*** off Shaw!

I guess what Im asking is it's been a year since the last posting here have folks still been calling Shaw from the US and its been okay or has anyone gotten in trouble?

Tnx!

Hi guy I dont know what a NIP is but the Shaw PPV system is supposed to be automated so it isn't troubleshooting I guess its just punching in some numbers or something. I don't know the details but maybe theres some code number you punch in for the movie you want. Supposedly no people involved. :)

I know bells 800 # works from the US because I've called them many times over the years for different reason"s from AZ they ask for your home phone # and pin then help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)