Calling Scott G.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
We ALL Love you SG. BUT you started all the price rumors resulting in multiple threads of conjecture. Now you have gone dark on us. What can you bring to the table??

The fact of the matter is, none of us are looking forward to paying Disg more in lease fees and paying a DVR fee if one has AEP. However, there are three options that we all have the way I see it, 1.) call and cancel, 2.) write a letter, e-mail, or call and bitch, and 3.) which is what the vast majority will do, shut up whining about it, and PAY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact of the matter is, none of us are looking forward to paying Disg more in lease fees and paying a DVR fee if one has AEP. However, there are three options that we all have the way I see it, 1.) call and cancel, 2.) write a letter, e-mail, or call and bitch, and 3.) which is what the vast majority will do, shut up whining about it, and PAY.

Are You Scott?

No, but all of the bitching and whining around here will do no good, Dish will do what they will do. If this thread is exclusive for Scott, then perhaps you should send him a private message.

The pricing is as I said and at CES Dish had nothing to add other then tell me what I reported was too accurate for their liking. ;)

Ok. Thanks for the response. Now, will there be a no phone charge on top as Bob H insists there will be, to the best of you knowledge?

So what the hell else is there to talk about and get worked up into a frenzy about anyway...:rant: Happens every year... All Charlie has to do is throw us a bone of National HD and we'll all be cooing again..;)

yep

So what the hell else is there to talk about and get worked up into a frenzy about anyway...:rant: Happens every year... All Charlie has to do is throw us a bone of National HD and we'll all be cooing again..;)

Man it looks like there may be some unhappy people come feb. In fact read all of Bob's comments makes me ALMOST want to go over to dbs so I can get the 2nd hand version. It's a lot calmer over there since James love to keep thing way cool (whether you like it or not). :D

I used to visit both sites until they both pretty well said the same thing and this site built up and became best and there was no reason to visit the other site anymore, unless this site went down then I hoped to find an answer of what happened to this site on dbs.

Well, the fact is, Dish is most likely considering our threads and complaints regarding this "rumor" (intentionally leaked to test the waters, IMHO), and while there is a chance that Dish will implement fees exactly as per rumor, there is still a pretty good chance that Dish may alter, even to a small degree, its fee restructuring due to our many complaints expressed on the forum.

So, that means no one should be picking on Scott if Dish fee plans are somewhat or even very different from the rumor--from good sources, he tells us--that Scott posted because Scott and most of us who howled the loudest will have, most likely had an impact.

I supports Scot's decision to report the rumor from good sources, making it very clear from the beginning that it was not official, but from some of his best people on the inside. It is information, plain and simple, and Scot thought us intelligent enough to evaluate for ourselves and to discuss among forum members.

It should be appreciated that Scot doesn't "nanny" us, as some suggested he should, by somehow trying to protect us (like the government?) from "overreacting" to some sound rumor regarding pricing by not sharing what he knows. How could anyone blame Scot for others who may get, legitimately, worked-up over the new pricing just because it is not confirmed? Calls for Scot NOT to share what he knows, from good authority, until Dish makes an official announcement only serves Dish Network's interest to make major pricing changes on us with no warning and no opportunity to express our displeasure BEFORE they may "stick it to us."

Of course, Dish isn't going to say anything--except that there will be no PROGRAMMING price increases--about the coming fees matter. If they had anything else GOOD to say about it, they would have, so their refusal to comment affirms that Scot's reported rumor has a lot of truth to it, and so anyone expecting Dish to officially help Scot "bring something to the table" reflects some pretty naive thinking. But, Scot already has brought something of great value to the table: his sharing of quality information from good sources about possible major changes in Dish Networks fees.

Scott, keep doing what you are doing. I have seen past rumors you have posted and you have a good record and I trust your judgment in posting them on this forum, or not. Don't let those who have criticized you stop you. There is a reason this forum is so popular while the "other" forum is a the most funereal, dusty, old bones, deserted, and most FASCIST forum on the net (heaven forbid the Old Dog there doesn't like your spelling) with tolerance levels straight out of Communist China, while this forum continues to thrive.

Keep up the good work, Scot, for US at least.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)