Calls from DISH Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well it's been over a week and no more calls. Why would they audit a Hopper account with no VIp 211s on it? We are 100% connected to the internet 24/7 and all receivers are connected by MOCA. We would not be candidates for an audit would we? That makes 0 sense.
It was not an audit call. MikeD was being facetious at best. It was undoubtedly a survey call. Don't sweat it...

Look I only put the DISH AUDIT thing in because so many of us had issues with them back in the day. If you are new to the company I doubt that you have anything to worry about ,unless you are stacking your receivers and using them in different houses etc. If you really got a call from the audit team and you weren't there to get it , they would deactivate all but one receiver on your account to make sure you weren't stacking. This was before the hopper whole house set up most have today. I was trying to be funny , sorry to worry you.:wave2

No worries. Been with DISH since 97. Not bothered or worried so much as it seems odd. The last time Dish called me was back before I had HD and they told me my dish reported dropping signal and they ended up sending a tech out to fix what turned out to be a dying LNB. Can't remember the year though. BTW just did a quick Google on the number and got this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-just-called-my-house.58052/.

2 calls on same weekend day, no message left and never called back. Has to be sales people. Should I consider the fact that they left no message and never called back means they are shady? Did I just answer my own question? :) I think the horse is dead.

First call March 5th 9:58 AM 866-668-8047, no message left. Second call was March 5th 3:18 PM 866-668-8047 and again no message left.
I realize that this thread is nearly a year old but I thought it interesting that I just received a call from this same number.
The reason I say interesting is because my Hopper has been unplugged and disconnected from the dish for about a week now. I might have believed him if he hadn't started to say that the Hopper was able to reports problems as long as it was connected to the dish. WHAT? I didn't know I had a transmitter in there!
This really has me concerned because we have received these calls before but always on my wife's cell. I recently looked at my profile at Dish and saw that her's was listed as the primary number so I changed it to mine. That's where I got the call today.
So is Dish calling to check on equipment problems (a week behind) or is this a scam?

I realize that this thread is nearly a year old but I thought it interesting that I just received a call from this same number.
The reason I say interesting is because my Hopper has been unplugged and disconnected from the dish for about a week now. I might have believed him if he hadn't started to say that the Hopper was able to reports problems as long as it was connected to the dish. WHAT? I didn't know I had a transmitter in there!
This really has me concerned because we have received these calls before but always on my wife's cell. I recently looked at my profile at Dish and saw that her's was listed as the primary number so I changed it to mine. That's where I got the call today.
So is Dish calling to check on equipment problems (a week behind) or is this a scam?

It is probably legitimate. The only time I would question it is if they were calling and asking all kinds of questions about your credit card info, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts