Calls from DISH Network?

Well it's been over a week and no more calls. Why would they audit a Hopper account with no VIp 211s on it? We are 100% connected to the internet 24/7 and all receivers are connected by MOCA. We would not be candidates for an audit would we? That makes 0 sense.
It was not an audit call. MikeD was being facetious at best. It was undoubtedly a survey call. Don't sweat it...

Look I only put the DISH AUDIT thing in because so many of us had issues with them back in the day. If you are new to the company I doubt that you have anything to worry about ,unless you are stacking your receivers and using them in different houses etc. If you really got a call from the audit team and you weren't there to get it , they would deactivate all but one receiver on your account to make sure you weren't stacking. This was before the hopper whole house set up most have today. I was trying to be funny , sorry to worry you.:wave2

No worries. Been with DISH since 97. Not bothered or worried so much as it seems odd. The last time Dish called me was back before I had HD and they told me my dish reported dropping signal and they ended up sending a tech out to fix what turned out to be a dying LNB. Can't remember the year though. BTW just did a quick Google on the number and got this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-just-called-my-house.58052/.

2 calls on same weekend day, no message left and never called back. Has to be sales people. Should I consider the fact that they left no message and never called back means they are shady? Did I just answer my own question? :) I think the horse is dead.

First call March 5th 9:58 AM 866-668-8047, no message left. Second call was March 5th 3:18 PM 866-668-8047 and again no message left.
I realize that this thread is nearly a year old but I thought it interesting that I just received a call from this same number.
The reason I say interesting is because my Hopper has been unplugged and disconnected from the dish for about a week now. I might have believed him if he hadn't started to say that the Hopper was able to reports problems as long as it was connected to the dish. WHAT? I didn't know I had a transmitter in there!
This really has me concerned because we have received these calls before but always on my wife's cell. I recently looked at my profile at Dish and saw that her's was listed as the primary number so I changed it to mine. That's where I got the call today.
So is Dish calling to check on equipment problems (a week behind) or is this a scam?

I realize that this thread is nearly a year old but I thought it interesting that I just received a call from this same number.
The reason I say interesting is because my Hopper has been unplugged and disconnected from the dish for about a week now. I might have believed him if he hadn't started to say that the Hopper was able to reports problems as long as it was connected to the dish. WHAT? I didn't know I had a transmitter in there!
This really has me concerned because we have received these calls before but always on my wife's cell. I recently looked at my profile at Dish and saw that her's was listed as the primary number so I changed it to mine. That's where I got the call today.
So is Dish calling to check on equipment problems (a week behind) or is this a scam?

It is probably legitimate. The only time I would question it is if they were calling and asking all kinds of questions about your credit card info, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts