Cambodia - any Satellite / dealer informatio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
I just met a missionary couple working in Phenom Pen (sp?) Cambodia who need to get FTA there. Is there anyone in that area or just someone who knows a good dealer and installer there. At this moment we need a contact. I know that he needs to receive Asia Broadcast System - 1, South Beam, KU Band.

not much help , but . . .

The Lyngsat site has a number of pages dedicated to covering all the satellites around the world.
I assume this Asia page is where you will find the bird in question.
http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html
However, without more info, it'd be a hit or miss effort trying to find it.
You need it's orbital location, or as you say, someone who is familiar with the satellites in the area.

If ordering the equipment from the US were attractive, we have a number of sponsors at the top of this page.
Also, the members here can help you locate other attractive deals on equipment.
As for shipping, as a former military man, I would suggest you make friends with any local US military forces .
I used to be in the area, but do we still have any left over there?
Lots of things can be shipped inexpensively to troops serving in the field.

Of course, I cannot deny it might be in your best interest to locate a dealer in your local city.
He would certainly know the birds, the equipment needed, and have models which would work on the available local power.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks Anole,
I think they will need someone to sight it in and get set up. Customer service there is more important than saving a very few bucks, then pay for shipping, customs, etc. I have also been told that getting US equipment through customs is very expensive, (lots of bribes) and since much of the equipment comes here from near there, you get dinged twice for customs. I do have a source in the Phillipians but he can not install in Cambodia.
As for military, the bases were using US style power which may be a problem. I even have some issues running off generator and inverter here! But I will check and see who I know, they may know some locals also.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)