Camp Site Set-Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I still disagree. Being in the RV department and in the advanced tech, and running a CS team that also handled those calls I would say your numbers are false. People really do not want to pay for something they are not using. I have a little basis and experience on this, where as you are making your guess off no facts and a hunch...

You just confirmed my position. You know only what those who call in do and tell you. Unless, of course, you're telling me that as a CS team leader you talked to people who didn't call in.

I live among RV'ers full time and talk to them daily about a myriad of issues, including satellite service. I can tell you that most of them I've discussed this with usually leave the extra VIP211 active all the time and use it in a child's bedroom or the garage or a second living area.

You just confirmed my position. You know only what those who call in do and tell you. Unless, of course, you're telling me that as a CS team leader you talked to people who didn't call in.

I live among RV'ers full time and talk to them daily about a myriad of issues, including satellite service. I can tell you that most of them I've discussed this with usually leave the extra VIP211 active all the time and use it in a child's bedroom or the garage or a second living area.
You are changing the situation. If RV specific or campsite specific, it is worth it to turn off. If an additional bedroom, it is just treated as another receiver in the house, that can also be mobile. And yes, 2 minutes. Call in, hit 0 a bunch of times, tell rep tondeactive receiver number rxxxxxx...
Or message a dirt member or chat and have them do it at convience. As long as it is done the day of the request of following day, it's fine and the savings is still there. That's why DIrT is so useful there.

The good thing is that we have the option. I don't deactivate or wag the other receiver around because it is worth $7 a month not to do it. When I get to my boat all I want to do is relax, not deal with trying to hook up the receiver, reactivate a receiver, or deal with a reauthorization.

The good thing is that we have the option. I don't deactivate or wag the other receiver around because it is worth $7 a month not to do it. When I get to my boat all I want to do is relax, not deal with trying to hook up the receiver, reactivate a receiver, or deal with a reauthorization.
That's respectable, but if cost became a factor, would you then deactivate it when not in use... I will say that when price is not a factor, people have no problem paying more, but by no means can we catorgize the whole group by spending time with one small group. That was my argument. I will buy more expensive cigarettes half a mile away, rather than save $2 per pack at 10 miles away when I have the money to do so, as the will to go is just not there. The $2 is worth it until I have motivation to get to the Indian reservation to buy my cartons. But price conscious cigarette consumers will not only try and save money per pack, but will also by inferior brands. This is a basic supply demand economics situation, and honestly, on the individual level there is no right or wrong answer. What is best for you is not what is best for the next joe.

Because of the amount of time I spend there and the lack of cell coverage or internet access, cost is not the major factor. For example, a couple of months ago I was doing some remodeling and left some circuits off for a couple of weeks. I had to get a reauthorization for the receiver. Because of the poor cell reception there, the process took almost an hour. So, in my case the $7 a month is not the driving factor.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)