This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can a 4DTV contol a FTA motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

electrosat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
The great west
I'm sure that this has been answered, but I couldn't find the topic when I searched. I have 1.2m dish that I'm using with great results on C-Band with a 4DTV receiver. The dish is moved with a Geosatpro FTA motor that is presently controlled by my Ultra receiver. I have the 4DTV receiver slaved through the loop-out from the Ultra.

I'm thinking of reversing the master/slave combination, but can the 4DTV control the small dish motor? My LNB is a Geosatpro CK1. I'm also wondering if the 4DTV would be able to control the LNB polarity and skew of the CK1? I don't want to just start hooking things up and experimenting because I can't afford to ruin a motor or LNB.

Just to give you the whole picture, I'm not using the KU band output on the CK1, just the c-band. I have another small motorized dish and receiver devoted to KU-Band that I'm also presently using as a master (through the loop-out) to the 4DTV for KU channels. The reason for this is I could never get the KU band output to work on the CK1.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.