Can a 4DTV contol a FTA motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

electrosat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
The great west
I'm sure that this has been answered, but I couldn't find the topic when I searched. I have 1.2m dish that I'm using with great results on C-Band with a 4DTV receiver. The dish is moved with a Geosatpro FTA motor that is presently controlled by my Ultra receiver. I have the 4DTV receiver slaved through the loop-out from the Ultra.

I'm thinking of reversing the master/slave combination, but can the 4DTV control the small dish motor? My LNB is a Geosatpro CK1. I'm also wondering if the 4DTV would be able to control the LNB polarity and skew of the CK1? I don't want to just start hooking things up and experimenting because I can't afford to ruin a motor or LNB.

Just to give you the whole picture, I'm not using the KU band output on the CK1, just the c-band. I have another small motorized dish and receiver devoted to KU-Band that I'm also presently using as a master (through the loop-out) to the 4DTV for KU channels. The reason for this is I could never get the KU band output to work on the CK1.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)