Can a 942 leasee trade in for a 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Ok, I have read so many posts on this its ridiculious. I get all conflicting info. I signed up for Dish in 9/05. I signed the 18 month contract. Can I trade in my leased 942 on 4/1/06 for the 622Vip? If so how does this work with the contract? Do they void out the original agreement and have me sign a new one? I called Dish on 3 occassions and again, got all different info. I don't want to shell out $300 for the upgrade and not be able to get the credit on my bill. Thanks guys.

#1 wait until April 1st to order you will pay $299 however you will get a $200 credit on your bill when you return the 942.

The 18 month commitment starts when you get the 622, the other commitment is voided out.

scott78945 said:
Can I trade in my leased 942 on 4/1/06 for the 622Vip? If so how does this work with the contract?

Nope! I went thru hell and back on this question. Dish will not let you upgrade a leased 942 to the vip622 until the lease is up. I went thru everything to get this done. I had even recorded the Charlie Chat about the new HD offerings and receivers and there is nothing about this restriction in the show, but Dish will not let you upgrade. After about three weeks of arguing with them, they finally agreed to let me upgrade a 322 to the vip622 but I had to also keep the 942.

I am told they will let lease units upgrade, as they want them to spend more on the new HD package and lock them into a longer commitment. :)

SKrueger said:
Nope! I went thru hell and back on this question. Dish will not let you upgrade a leased 942 to the vip622 until the lease is up. I went thru everything to get this done. I had even recorded the Charlie Chat about the new HD offerings and receivers and there is nothing about this restriction in the show, but Dish will not let you upgrade. After about three weeks of arguing with them, they finally agreed to let me upgrade a 322 to the vip622 but I had to also keep the 942.
Yikes, E* won't let you upgrade the 942-->622, but they'll give you a sweeter deal and let you keep the 942 and upgrade the 322-->622. This makes no sense whatsoever.

SKrueger said:
These guys make no sense...:mad: I am waiting until April 1 and they better let me upgrade.

See why I am so confused? I agree with Scott as it doesn't make sense to have us keep the older units and not upgrade to spend more on services and then by the time our contracts run out they will have to practically upgrade us for free. So why would they make us keep the 942? I have no problem with keeping the 942 as I am happy with it, minus the minor glitches, but would LOVE to get all the new HD come 4/1/06 as this is the sole reason I can from Time Warner to Dish, the HD!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)