Can a C band satellite be use with a FTA receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

13babul13

Original poster
May 22, 2008
I have a C band satellite in my back yard that has been use in along time. The receiver for the C band was damage and was thrown away. And I was about to buy a FTA receiver, then I wonder if it would work with my C band. I want to be able to see live soccer matches from all over the world, or at least some.lol. If its possible, will it be affected by the 2009 change? What receiver FTA receiver would work for this that under $150.00.
:confused:
Thank You, in advance.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 456
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 421
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 434

Yes... you can use that BUD with FTA...

Pansat 3500 have the hardware to control
the servo motor 3-wires and the menus has
option to setup skew per transponder...
nice unit...

For C-Band ... only thing to set is LNB frequency 5150
sat-info C-birds are already preset to this value

You will need the positioner to move that dish/actuator
there are various options...
VBox II (?) ... VBox III (?) ... GBox 3000 (?)

Have tested this configuration...
it works... no problems at all

Second option for positioner...
use any used analog deco like DSR920/922

More savvy members will assist you soon...

Hope this helps...

hmm a east ( or left side) mounted motor :)

everything mentioned is correct ... i love c-band FTA ....would help to know what type of lnbf is it c or c /ku ..... the photo showed the standard coax ribbon cable first set of wires is for the servo on a corotor type feedhorn, second two sets of wires are coax last set of wires is for the actuator

i have two setup
one: is setup using a coolsat 5000 and a v-box III
second one is set up using an older analog receiverto move the dish.

i prefer the v-box method cause it takes commands from the DVB receiver and moves the dish

but also like mentioned above there are only a few receivers that can control a corotor ( until one of our sponsors gets a new g-box with servo control added )

if its just a receiver there are several for sale in the classified section
plus several of our sponsors sale receivers you might can find a good priced one there.
and read a few reviews in the review section ...

The 2009 change is only for the Analog Tuner in your OTA (over the air) TV set. The Analog NTSC signals will be cut off from OTA reception on February 17, 2009. Then you will need a Digital (ATSC) Tuner for your TV set. Either a Tuner that will convert the Digital to be played on your Analog TV set, or a Tuner to watch Digital TV on your Digital TV set.

Your lnb or lnbf (which ever your dish has) may need upgraded. Motor actuator that moves the dish may be seized from years of non-use.

Worst case scenerio you would may need:

New actuator arm (motor)
New LNB or LNBF
New cables from the dish into the house
Maybe a re-alignment of the dish

(Most all of this can be done by yourself with us helping answer questions you may have).
Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

I'm in the same boat. I have an old BUD. I just bought a Coolsat 5000. Can I connect the LNB to the Coolsat and have it work.

yes but you would need the old analog receiver to move the dish or use a v-box/g-box type of mover ( that the coolsat can control)

also depending on lnbf you have on the old bud some have to have the old receiver to control the polarity.

Thanks Geore. I don't have an lnbf. It is an old c/ku lnb. I'm guessing I'll have to turn lnb power off, on the Coolsat, since the analog receiver provides power to the lnb. How about the analog receiver channel selection. Will it interfere with the Coolsat?

Thanks Geore. I don't have an lnbf. It is an old c/ku lnb. I'm guessing I'll have to turn lnb power off, on the Coolsat, since the analog receiver provides power to the lnb. How about the analog receiver channel selection. Will it interfere with the Coolsat?

the analog receive should control the polarity ( and should just have to change a channel up or down one to change the polarity). so everything should goto the analog receiver except the coax unless you buy or make up a c-band & DVB kit ( without this kit you would have to manually swap coax between the analog receiver & the coolsat but if you just have the coax hooked up to the coolsat then the analog channels wouldn't interfere....

if you have c-band & ku then you would need to diesqc switch them together before they hook up to the coolsat 5000. the power to the lnb shouldn't matter ( since its supplied by the analog receiver) but try OFF position first.

maybe when the new g-box comes out it will control the polarity on those corotors ( thats what i hope and would like to buy one ( or two) when they come out.

good luck and i know you will enjoy the coolsat :)

i need to clean up one of my channel list and keep just the basic load so if anyone wants for a coolsat 5000 that has both c & ku sats programed.

V-Box II on a 22khz switch

I've been using my viewsat 9000hd to get the free to air channels with a small dish with 4 circular lnbs because the dish was laying around lol and didn't know I needed the v-box for my big dish. Before I buy the v-box I was just wondering which one to buy and what else i would need to have both the small dish and big dish hooked to it. I made a picture of the setup and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it will work.

Attachments

• Dish Setup.jpg
    Dish Setup.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 669
c-band FTA signal

Is it harder to receive the c-band fta signal than it is the regular c-band BUD/TVRO signal?
anybody using a Birdview 8ft one piece dish for the FTA c-band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts