Can a HD OTA signal be split three ways, and work on a regular tv???

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hello everyone I ordered my 60" HD tv yesterday and I am about to become a Voomer here soon and I wanted to know if I have three tvs in the house and only one of them is HD TV, can I split the OTA signal to a three way spliter and run that signal to my two regular tv's so that I will only have to have one voom box?

All I want on the other two tvs are my locale channels.. Thanks for your help.. Cya Slick

need help

Hey guys I could use some help with this question.. Cya Slick

You have two options:
1. You can take the signal from the STB (e.g. via coax RF output) and feed your other SD TV sets. You will be able to watch the same channel that you are tuned to on all of your TVs at once. HD channels will be converted to SD.
2. You can split the antenna and use it to receive analog OTA channels on your SD TV sets, but you will not be able to receive digital channels on other TVs, unless you have an extra digital tuner (STB or built-in).
Let me know if I need to explain this further.

Thanks for your help I do apperciate it.. I am a new to the site and HDTV and I am trying to figure it all out.. I have been a basic cable customer for a long time and never had to think about any of this.. Could you tell me what the up graded antenna is that voom gives you over the stealth?

I went to antenna web site and it told me I needed a medium Directional with pre amp.. I am 47.4 miles away from the towers, so do you think the upgraded antenna will work, and do you think the installer will have a pre amp with him when he comes?

Thanks again Slick

I am still using Stealth, so can't comment on other types. You can search the forum, there are many reports on different antenna types. Your local installer assigned by VOOM should be able to recommend the proper type. Make sure to mention the need for an upgraded antenna when placing VOOM installation order. Are all of your local digital stations in the same direction according to antennaweb.org? This might be important for you to know.

Yeah, this will be quite a learning experience for you, but it's all worth it! You are about to enter a new world of High Definition...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)