Can a Hughes SD-HBH be used with Dish Network Service?

wieso

Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Hudson, WI
I have 2 Hughes SD-HBH receivers that were never installed so they are brand new in the box. I currently have Dish Network service at my home and am wondering if I can use these receivers for additional TV's? If so, what do I need to do? I tried to connect it and it said it was searching for sattellite signal but did not ever connect.

I have 2 Hughes SD-HBH receivers that were never installed so they are brand new in the box. I currently have Dish Network service at my home and am wondering if I can use these receivers for additional TV's? If so, what do I need to do? I tried to connect it and it said it was searching for sattellite signal but did not ever connect.

Stop use your head they are DIRECTV receivers they don't work on DISH.

No, they will not work with our service

After a Google search, it looks like those are DirecTV receivers (or is that wrong?)

Anyone else with social skills care to answer? If technology was that black and white then then you wouldn't be able to unlock a cell phone and use it on another network. If there is a relatively simple way to convert these receivers I would be gracious for the advice.

I get your analogy, but Dish and Direct are like ATT and Verizon, not ATT and TMobile. Two very different systems. An ATT phone can not work on a Verizon system.

Yeah, i know they are older. But they are free, so it was worth a shot.
Not hardly worth anything. And definitely worthless here. You may have been a little insulted by the 1st answer but he is just saying that if you had thought about it that Direct isn't going to work with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)