Can a PPV be set on a DVR timer?

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Okay, my wife wants me to set the DVR to record the "WWE-No Way Out" PPV on Sunday. We won't be getting home that evening until about an hour into the programming.

I set a timer to record it, and entered the lockout password. But when I look at my upcoming DVR events, it shows up as "Locked Event".

My question is, will it still record on its own? Or do I need to be there personally when it begins?

Worst case, would just turning off locks allow it to record?

If you "Hide Locked" I think it displays like that. Try unhiding locked and see if the display is better.

If you "Hide Locked" I think it displays like that. Try unhiding locked and see if the display is better.
I don't think I have "Hide Locked" enabled, or else I wouldn't have seen the PPV in the first place to set the timer.

I might just unlock the system Sunday just to be sure that it records. Then lock it back afterwards.

The only thing the lock would do is keep you from purchasing. Once it is purchased it comes up with an option to record, the lock no longer matters. (I know that this event already happened, but for future reference).

negative.. IF yor locks are ON.. and you set the timer.. it wont work unless you already are on that channel.

I tried it and it didnt record my event. You either have to leave it on that channel and hope that receiver doesnt go into sleep mode.. oir simply unlock ppvs and make sure they are not hidden. You can re lock the ppvs once you get what you want.

I wound up unlocking PPV's before we left, and got it recorded fine that way. Didn't feel like taking a chance. I might try it with the lock on with a cheap movie some day.

Once I relocked PPV's, my wife actually had to input the password each time she wanted to watch it, which wasn't a big deal in itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)