Can a waiver be transfered from Directv to Dish?

Ricknau

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
I am a current Directv HD customer. I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about migrating to Dish. I was granted waivers for CBS and FOX so I get those HD stations out of New York. I'm wondering if I make the switch to Dish do I have to go thru all that again or do the waivers apply to either sat service? I don't want a gap in FOX and CBS reception and really don't want to take a chance that the waiver will not be granted for some reason. And before anybody suggests it, I don't want dual sat service while I wait out the process.

can i get a waiver from my local fox since it doesnt broadcast in hd so i can get foxs hd feed from chicago?

You can apply for all the waiver's you want no problem, now getting them approved is a whole other story.

where do i get a waiver, do i just call my local station and tell them that i want a waiver so i can get the chicago feed becuase it broadcasts in hd?

By a court order, Dish is supposed to be removing all DNS soon. Your waivers will be useless at Dish if that happens.

HDTVFanAtic said:
No - must re-apply and Dish does not offer FOX-HD out of NY to anyone not in NY DMA.

GeorgeLV said:
By a court order, Dish is supposed to be removing all DNS soon. Your waivers will be useless at Dish if that happens.

Well that all sucks. In that case I guess I'll seriously consider staying with Directv.

George, if Dish stops offering DNS will they give us our locals in HD? Does that court order apply to Directv? If not I wonder why.

Claude Greiner said:
I seriously doubt they will grant that!

You would be better off "Moving" to Chicago :D

But if I "move" to Chicago wont i lose my local channels all together?

GeorgeLV said:

Didn't Dish just settle that dispute with a $100M payment?

nazz said:
Didn't Dish just settle that dispute with a $100M payment?

And part of that settlement is they must requalify everyone for DNS. If you had it before and shouldn't have, you should not have been grandfathered in to begin with.

DISH'n It Up installation charge question

Can't find 119,110 on my Dish 500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)