Can Anyone See 85w Tonight?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Went to work on a H-H motor tonight. Need 85w for my true south sat, was there a few weeks ago, nothing now. Equipment? Weather? Me?

12184 H 3978 AMC 16 test card.

Jim

Seems like they have turned off the color bars at the moment, lol. they only do that when somebody needs to aim a dish! Stand by, I will scan it for you and see if anythings there......

Tantalus: try these 3, HS football games on 85w right now
12191H 6111 SD
11987H 13235 SD
11969 H 13235 HD
720pm C

Last edited:
Seems like they have turned off the color bars at the moment, lol. they only do that when somebody needs to aim a dish! Stand by, I will scan it for you and see if anythings there......

Tantalus: try these 3, HS football games on 85w right now
12191H 6111 SD
11987H 13235 SD
11969 H 13235 HD
720pm C

Turbo,

Thanks for checking on that. I tried those TP's no go, yet next door I can get 87w q95 !

Maybe I need to move to Alabama.

Jim

Come on down, the weather is definitely warmer. Maybe your dish is the problem-how big, what lnb are you using? I get that satellite largely, either on my 1m or my 90cm dishes, both are channel masters with aftermarket lnbfs. If you're motorized, maybe you haven't got the dish tracking just so-so yet.

Come on down, the weather is definitely warmer. Maybe your dish is the problem-how big, what lnb are you using? I get that satellite largely, either on my 1m or my 90cm dishes, both are channel masters with aftermarket lnbfs. If you're motorized, maybe you haven't got the dish tracking just so-so yet.

The dish was put together by a friend, is a Dish Net Super dish with a red aftermarket lnb, and H-H motor. He brought it over to me to work with it for a few weeks, I'm trying to duplicate and solve a motor control issue it has with a Viewsat Ultra receiver. So I'm starting from scratch setting it on a pole and finding the geo arc. 85º is my South sat, which I mentioned earlier I can't find. However it gets everything on 87º if I bump it west a few deg.
My reference is my 8' dish with actuator and C/Ku lnb. I was easily able to get 85º Ku last week including some HS football games last Thursday. But even with clear skies this morning nothing from that bird. So I will have to try to align the H-H motor without the benefit of my true south sat.

Jim

that test card is up sporatically

Sometimes its better to use USALS and move the dish to 83 or 87 first and then aim at that

that test card is up sporatically

Sometimes its better to use USALS and move the dish to 83 or 87 first and then aim at that

Ice,

If you don't mind giving H-H 101 advice, here is where I,m at. When the dish and motor was last used, my friend had lined up on 85w when the sat was still up, and the little pointer is at zero. He then brought it to my house not too far away and I installed it on my plumb pole. So at this point how would I use 83 or 87 instead?

If you want to go that route in your receiver set up USALS. Put in your latitude/longitude. Then select 87W or 83W. The motor will move a little bit (since its only 2 degrees away) then you aim the whole motor/dish assembly at 83 or 87 (whichever you picked) to lock in signal

Basically what you would normally do for your true south but because its 2 degrees off you need to motor to move first

I had to do that with my 2nd motorized. At the time there was nothing on 93W (my true south) so I used USALS to have the dish/motor move to 95W then aimed the whole assembly at 95 and locked it in

If you want to go that route in your receiver set up USALS. Put in your latitude/longitude. Then select 87W or 83W. The motor will move a little bit (since its only 2 degrees away) then you aim the whole motor/dish assembly at 83 or 87 (whichever you picked) to lock in signal

Basically what you would normally do for your true south but because its 2 degrees off you need to motor to move first

I had to do that with my 2nd motorized. At the time there was nothing on 93W (my true south) so I used USALS to have the dish/motor move to 95W then aimed the whole assembly at 95 and locked it in

Ice,

That got me on the arc! Funny thing is I powered up the reviver with the motor USALS now turned on, and it moved to 83w by itself, stopped, and the picture popped in! My best guess at positioning at 85 must have been on after all with no sat to aim at. Now I can work on the original complaint of the motor taking off by itself and just hunting back and forth at times.

thanks

During most of the weekdays, between 5:00 - 6:00 (EST)
Globaltor Feed..12193 - H - 5.858

I missed this 1 hour window tonight, good to know for the next time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.