Can Customize the Channels on Dish Interactive

irish72

Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Hi,

Is there a way to customize/change the 6 channels on the Dish Interactive Channel? It currently has Fox News, CNN, ESPN, etc. but can I change those to my 6 favorite channels? If so, could someone walk me through it?

Thanks,

Irish
BTW - The Topic should read Can I Customize.....

i wantedthis ability a longggggggggg time ago and it still is DISH controlled. No idea why we can't set it to what we want

Hi,

Is there a way to customize/change the 6 channels on the Dish Interactive Channel? It currently has Fox News, CNN, ESPN, etc. but can I change those to my 6 favorite channels? If so, could someone walk me through it?

Thanks,

Irish
BTW - The Topic should read Can I Customize.....

Wouldnt this would require that to be a real 6 channel display when it is i believe a fake, if it was real then you would need a receiver that could tune to 6 separate channels at once, which you dont.... Thats just a guess though, i have no idea how it actually works.

-Jonathan

Wouldnt this would require that to be a real 6 channel display when it is i believe a fake, if it was real then you would need a receiver that could tune to 6 separate channels at once, which you dont.... Thats just a guess though, i have no idea how it actually works.

-Jonathan

You are correct that channel 100 is a fake representation of the 6 channels. They are joined together into one picture at dish network before being compressed and encoded. It is then broadcast with 6 separate audio streams that can be selected by the application. You are also correct that to do this the way people are requesting would require a 6 tuner receiver (and possibly 6 lines to it!!) There are some tricks dish could technically do if the receivers were capable, and all of the channels you wanted were encoded into the same transponder, since AFAIK the receiver tunes to a whole transponder at once, then filters out the channel you want to watch. However, trying to explain to people that they could only select channels from the same transponder would be quite difficult.

okie, maybe you can put a bug in someone's ear related to that interactive page about two things:

1) Choose (6) channels that are in ALL packages, i.e. the lowest common denominator. I personally downgraded to HD Absolute a few days ago and don't get Fox News any longer, so it will be a blank screen for me on the interactive channel.

2) Have the interactive channel ignore "channel locks" set for the normal program guide. I lock out the SD version of any HD channels that I get and now get all six mini-channels reading "Locked, not available" or something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts