Can "DISHn It Up" Be Used to Replace Bad Receiver?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
Instead of having the Dish Home Protection Plan, can DISHn It Up be used to replace a defective receiver or DVR?

DHPP will replace a receiver with a like model receiver, Dishin it Up will upgrade to a different receiver or add receivers to your account along with a commitment.

I currently have an DVR without HD but am upgrading tomorrow. On my current DVR, I was hit by lightning twice last year in a two week period and they replaced my receivers with new ones free of charge both times and I wasn't a subscriber to the Home Protection Plan. Is the Home Protection plan a new thing?

I currently have an DVR without HD but am upgrading tomorrow. On my current DVR, I was hit by lightning twice last year in a two week period and they replaced my receivers with new ones free of charge both times and I wasn't a subscriber to the Home Protection Plan. Is the Home Protection plan a new thing?

...and is it a good value?

New subscribers get 9 months HPP free, but then have to pay each month.

I don't have DHPP and Dish replaced my bad 622 for 19.99 including shipping. Call and describe the problem and they will quote a price to replace.

It probably helps if you are out of contract. . .My 622 fried. I could watch TV on the tuners but nothing hard-drive related. Had to email CEO three times. Finally got a call. I was able to upgrade to 722 w/free install, HBO/Show for 3 months, and $10 off my bill for 20 months (I wanted 24 because that's what I could get by going through AAA and switching to D*). Oh yeah, and they also waived the commitment. I will probably pay to Dish it up when the 922 comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)