Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got my Dish Network price increase notice in my mail yesterday.

Of interest was it came with a channel lineup brochure and on the inside is the following...

COMING SOON IN SPRING 2009...

GREAT NEW HD CHANNELS ON THEIR WAY INCLUDING: Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, CMT, Spike TV, VH1 and BET

Go to www.dishnetwork.com/channellineup to get updates on when these channels will be available and in which packages they'll be available

Anyone else get their notice yet?

Yeah, I saw a screen shot of said brochure yesterday. My problem with it is that it lists them with the HD addon packs specifically, and doesn't specify whether turbo subs will get them.

On the brightside, I have not received my price increase letter yet... Maybe they will forget about me...

Got it. My bill went up $4. Smithsonian is still listed. What irks me is that Charlie said on the last chat the new HD channels were coming in Feb. Then you reported on the retailer chat where Jim said they were coming in the "spring".

S~

Yeah I got mine last week. I wanted to try to keep my bill around certain price and with this price increase it pushed it over by $2.. So I called Dish they worked with me some gave me a few dollars off for next 10 moths. Which actually made it a couple dollars cheaper than what my bill was before this price increase. So I have to say I'm very pleased with how they worked with me. :)

Someone posted a scan in the "new HD" sticky. Worrisome the notice put them right next to the $10 SD addons, but not with the TurboHD packs.

More of a headscratcher is why, if a deal is done and space is available, why we can;t get some of these NOW.

So, I called yesterday when I got the increase and talked to billing about it.

All of a sudden I was offered $5 off for the next 10 months.

All I called for was I was asking about how much things would be for me if I changed programming, actually increasing channels, under the new rates.

Pretty good call.

So, I called yesterday when I got the increase and talked to billing about it.

All of a sudden I was offered $5 off for the next 10 months.

All I called for was I was asking about how much things would be for me if I changed programming, actually increasing channels, under the new rates.

Pretty good call.

But did you just lock yourself into a 2 year commitment?

I also got the notice and my bill went up $3.00. What I find really interesting (and someone may want to start another thread on this) is that I didn't see anywhere the usual Dish claim of being the "HD Leader". In fact their only comparable "claim" is "The only 100% HD service in America" and it goes on to list "over 120 HD channels available"

Ironically I also get a promo mailer from DirectTv this week and under the heading "Numbers You Can Trust", they claim "over 130 HD channels".

Now that 'ol Chuckles has raised Dish's prices, fallen way short of LAST years implied national HD channel count and confused the masses with yet another new programming scheme, he needs to provide some actual substance and get his HD channel count up or "D"s going to have a distinct edge this Spring. In fact all "D" would really have to do is improve their HD DVR and add a few more HD LiLs and they might be able to bury Dish.

Wake up Mr Ergen, your customers are starting to see through the haze.

But did you just lock yourself into a 2 year commitment?

No they helped me out by knocking some of the price off and I did ask if there was a commitment and they said no. Plus I was already done with mine but yes I knew to ask about that..

I got the brochure and channel list a few days ago, I have paperless auto pay, it went up $3 the best I can tell.
I had chat with csr last night to see if DDA would save me money, she said I could not get DDA because I have AEP. She checked further and said I could get it and keep all the programming I have, she said it would cost $5 more per month. I told her that the brochure said I could save more then $70 a year with DDA, she had me wait for awhile then came back and said I could get DDA and save 98 cents a month, I asked if there was a commitment, she said yes, 2 yrs. I told her I would pass on that deal and play a little roulette.
Dan

No notice, and no increase - yet (KOW!) But I'm sure I'll see it next month. Time to get serious about exploring Dish programming alternatives. I watch very few SD channels anymore, mostly Tru and IFC. If they go HD and are added to an HD-only package somewhere, then goodbye SD channels for me. (I still don't get HD LiLs, probably never will.)

Charlie may claim to have added HD channels in the past year, but for me it was a significant net loss when they pulled the voOm plug...

I like the announcement Scott posted. "Coming (are you ready?) SOON in spring 2009..." This time it looks like they capped it at June 20th. Let's see how it pans out... (All of the channels listed are ho-hum'ers for me...)

Here is the scan (at least of one side) from the other thread:

img009.jpg

I haven't gotten one myself as HD Absolute isn't going up.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts