Got my price increase notice

I notice in the channel cart that C-SPAN is listed in the PI section yet C-SPAN2 is the Bronze. I guess Charlie thinks the Senate is more entertaining than Congress.

My bill went up $10. I called and asked about other programming packages. I ended up downgrading to save money. No specials were offered to me. The rep. really didn't seem to care that I was downgrading service.

My bill went up $10. I called and asked about other programming packages. I ended up downgrading to save money. No specials were offered to me. The rep. really didn't seem to care that I was downgrading service.

Profit margin probably doesn't go down much. They are providing you with less services, so their costs to keep you go down as well. All comes out in the wash.

No increase notice yet and no increase on my bill auto-paid today. Unexplained was a $2 drop in the cost of our two Premium packages, Starz and Cinemax, for February.

BTW, those new HD channels listed in Scott's letter from Dish are a real let down. There are only two there that I've ever watched and at best they are viewed for maybe an hour/month. No extra value there IMHO. However, thanks for Fox News in HD.

Bizarre, I went online to check my billing as a Turbo HD customer who had signed up last August.

Sure nuff, our billing for the Feb-March service showed the Turbo HD Gold at 49.99 now, but strangly our bill is "less".

All the extra fee's we used to have are gone and the overal cost of the billing is less than last months, so for me it went down a dollar.

I didn't even have to call. Oh, wait, that dollar decrease is the disount due to no KOMO 4 HD local. So my billing is the exact same as before not including that adjustment.

No biggy for me then.

Seems to be a shell game as the lack of fee's makes it the same pricing to me.

Our bill went up $11.21 now. Time to start looking for more fat to trim. The DTV box we picked up and small antenna is pulling locals really well. Just need to find one that will pull 2,3,and 19 from Cleveland.

I just received an email from Dish saying:quote:
DishDVR Advantage customers will also see NO PRICE CHANGE for the below services:

* Local channels
* DVR service
* DVR receiver lease upgrades and monthly lease services unquote
I have DVR advantage and my prices just went up Feb. 1st from 49.99 to 57.99. What's the deal?

I just received an email from Dish saying:quote:
DishDVR Advantage customers will also see NO PRICE CHANGE for the below services:

* Local channels
* DVR service
* DVR receiver lease upgrades and monthly lease services unquote
I have DVR advantage and my prices just went up Feb. 1st from 49.99 to 57.99. What's the deal?
You must have missed the asterisk in 1/2pt typeface that said "from this point forward, unless we change our minds again."

I signed up for DishDVR Advantage when it first became available because it did save me over $3 a month and the prices were guaranteed to stay the same until 2009. I guess it's time to pay the piper. Or downgrade service...

I still haven't had any notice from Dish yet about my rates changing. tick... tick... tick...

This is from an email I received from Dish yesterday:

DISH Network is still proud to offer our lowest everyday prices and pleased to announce that we are freezing pricing on popular packages and services.
No Price Changes for 2009
bullet.gif

DISH Network HD programming packages ? BronzeHD, SilverHD and GoldHD
bullet.gif

Most popular Premium movie channel packages
bullet.gif

DishFAMILY and other basic all-digital programming packages
bullet.gif

Local channels
bullet.gif

DishHOME Protection Plan
bullet.gif

Additional television connections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)