Can dvr 1100 show space available?

RichardT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Does the dvr have to ability to show space available on a connected drive, as % or gb or ??

SORTA, KINDA...

There is if you do a little math:

MENU, UTILITY, USB:

It will show a listing of the size and date on the first line for the total space on drive used.
the next items listed (if any) are files saved and the space used to save them.
Subtracting the two gives you available space.

There is if you do a little math:

MENU, UTILITY, USB:

It will show a listing of the size and date on the first line for the total space on drive used.

What version of Firmware is loaded in your DVR1100c? I am not aware that the receiver was capable of polling and displaying this information in the USB Menu.

What version of Firmware is loaded in your DVR1100c? I am not aware that the receiver was capable of polling and displaying this information in the USB Menu.

SW. GS03.28 (MAR 07)
Data Ver: 01.44
HW VER: 1.00
USB: 1.00

GEOSAT DVR MODEL

Have I got an old version? Or, .... additional thought here.... is the difference in software on the HP 2.0GB flashdrive of which the receiver would only recognize 1.0GB??

Last edited:
T4Runner said:
SW. GS03.28 (MAR 07)
Data Ver: 01.44
HW VER: 1.00
USB: 1.00

GEOSAT DVR MODEL

Have I got an old version? Or, .... additional thought here.... is the difference in software on the HP 2.0GB flashdrive of which the receiver would only recognize 1.0GB??

3.28 is the most recent released public version for the DVR1100c. I haven't observed the USB menu of any version providing the drive size, only the individual recording sizes. Might you be confusing the first recording size for the total drive size? Maybe post a screen capture or photograph of the USB menu?

Sorry, not familiar with 2.0GB HP USB thumb drives. The USB unit may use some memory for utility or management functions? A formatting tool might provide insight on the limitations of that drive. Pretty small drive. 1.5 - 2 hours of TV recording?

3.28 is the most recent released public version for the DVR1100c. I haven't observed the USB menu of any version providing the drive size, only the individual recording sizes. Might you be confusing the first recording size for the total drive size? Maybe post a screen capture or photograph of the USB menu?

Sorry, not familiar with 2.0GB HP USB thumb drives. The USB unit may use some memory for utility or management functions? A formatting tool might provide insight on the limitations of that drive. Pretty small drive. 1.5 - 2 hours of TV recording?

Glad to hear my receiver is updating as it should, but I figured that. Yes, the USB is small, but I record a show or two and watch them the same day or next and delete them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)