Can Hoppers on Different Accounts See Each Other

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Does anybody know if you have 2 Hoppers on different accounts but on the same duo node can they see each other and play shows from each other, etc.?

Thanks.

By design, Hoppers on different accounts wouldn't be on the same node. Then again, maybe it's not something Dish accounted for and being connected physically like that will allow it. I still suspect that some cross-checking is done against smart card numbers and that will see that they're not on the same account...

So does anybody who has actually tried it or has inside information know for sure?

Thanks.

I'd bet if you tried to link a Joey to a hopper on another account it would display pop up 1318. I'm not 100% on the dual Hoppers. I could see how it may work as well as how it may not, in regards to authorization and content.

My guess would be that it's something similar to EHD's not being able to be transferred or viewed from receivers on another account. It seems like it should work, but I bet Dish has some sort of encryption in place to prevent it.

I could probably have a buddy bring a Hopper over and give it a whirl at some point. Not sure when though.

The reason I'm asking is that we've got a showroom account with a HWS and a regular Hopper and 2 Joeys. We want to add a Super Joey to show customers and for training but Retail Services says it can't be done. They offered to set up a second account and move the HWS and Super Joey to it but I don't want to do that unless the Hoppers can see each other. It's really cool showing customers how the Hoppers can see each other and how the Joeys can link to either Hopper and we don't want to give that up.

Hopefully Dish will soon start allowing a Super Joey on the same account with 2 Hoppers.

Thanks for the responses.

My guess would be that it's something similar to EHD's not being able to be transferred or viewed from receivers on another account. It seems like it should work, but I bet Dish has some sort of encryption in place to prevent it.

I could probably have a buddy bring a Hopper over and give it a whirl at some point. Not sure when though.

If you get a chance some time that would be great. Thanks.

I did. He said no can do.

Yeah I'm confused. I thought I saw that Matt did it for one person, then I saw him say he would investigate about it. It appears that all of his posts regarding the SJ with multiple Hoppers were deleted, also one of my posts that quoted someone that said they got it done was deleted... Why is it a secret?

Yeah I'm confused. I thought I saw that Matt did it for one person, then I saw him say he would investigate about it. It appears that all of his posts regarding the SJ with multiple Hoppers were deleted, also one of my posts that quoted someone that said they got it done was deleted... Why is it a secret?

This don't sound good. Scott, where are you, what's going on?

It was removed by the request of DISH as it contained some in accurate information which could cause issues for customers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Apparently they do not want it done. Hopefully they'll change their minds.

They probably want to make sure that it's bullet proof for regular customers.

Satelliteguys are a different story altogether. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)