Can Hoppers on Different Accounts See Each Other

They probably want to make sure that it's bullet proof for regular customers.

Satelliteguys are a different story altogether. :)

We are all regular customers. Folks in this forum figures out how to get things to work so customers can be satisfied and then get no support from the provider. I don't get it. It is lost business for Dish.

We are all regular customers. Folks in this forum figures out how to get things to work so customers can be satisfied and then get no support from the provider. I don't get it. It is lost business for Dish.

I'm sorry, what are you upset about. Not seeing why....having read the thread thoroughly.

The issue is that a lot of folks with 2 Hoppers want to add a SJ, and for reasons unknown (inaccurate information?) that thread has been deleted and customers are again being told they can't have more than one Hopper with a SJ, despite the fact that it has been done and worked well.

The issue is that a lot of folks with 2 Hoppers want to add a SJ, and for reasons unknown (inaccurate information?) that thread has been deleted and customers are again being told they can't have more than one Hopper with a SJ, despite the fact that it has been done and worked well.

Well stated TheKrell.

At the outset, it was clear, no SJ with two hoppers. I never saw this thread being pointed out, but clearly was a mistake and Dish is enforcing original, intended policy. Hard for me to fathom the need for eight tuners.

that thread has been deleted and customers are again being told they can't have more than one Hopper with a SJ, despite the fact that it has been done and worked well.
The thread has not been deleted. It has been moved out of public view until they can get some clarification on things As while it appears to work it causes other issues which a user may not see. That is the problem.

I don't know what the other issues are.

The thread has not been deleted. It has been moved out of public view until they can get some clarification on things As while it appears to work it causes other issues which a user may not see. That is the problem.

I don't know what the other issues are.

Thanks again Scott for keeping us informed. Maybe something good will come out of this.

It "worked well"? All that's known here is Matt was able to activate it on that account.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It "worked well"? All that's known here is Matt was able to activate it on that account.
Ok... let me changed that to "it might have worked." I didn't read the original thread... I just got home from work and got the request from DISH to take it down. I was quick to act as I didn't want to see anyone do something that may cause issues or maybe even damage their equipment. (That's me saying that not DISH)

That is all I am going to say about it if or until I hear more from DISH about it as I have nothing useful to add. :)

I'm sure it isn't supported from a technical standpoint. Sure, users here have all sorts of installations outside of the supported guidelines but if performance or stability issues are the reasons they won't allow a SJ in a 2 Hopper install, it would make sense that they wouldn't allow it to be added to a 2 Hopper account. If certain configurations could cause issues, I wouldn't allow people to activate equipment on those types of accounts either because at the point your on the hook for supporting it and it could drive calls to the call centers or even end up with additional technician visits. Those are my thoughts anyways.

I'm just glad they didn't pull this on us 3+ Hopper users. I would've dropped Dish in a heartbeat!

I think at least the more appropriate way would have been for Dish themselves to explain why posts were deleted instead of leaving us hanging!

What if someone ordered a SJ to go with their two Hoppers not realizing the posts were deleted? Posts being deleted with no explanation gave me a "DBSTalk" feeling. Not a good one!

I do wonder how the guy that got it activated was treated? Did they just deactivate his SJ with no explanation too?

Thanks Scott for relaying the message. Frankly I don't really have any interest in the SJ going along side my four Hoppers, I'd like to see how they "get along" but I guess we'll never know now!

Also what about those that isolate the SJ from the other Hopper(s) in the network??

People like us are generally the least problematic customers, since we already had to have knowledge of how to install it in the first place!

Besides... There's probably only a handful of customers that even attempt this anyway...

I suspect that the SJ software is just too crude at the moment to deal with such things... Maybe they'll change their minds later? Or at the very least us geeks would like to know the nitty-gritty on why it won't work, and not just "bandwidth limitations." One can dream...

P.S. Dish can you actually make the Hopper software stable please??? Not a day goes by that I don't have a Hopper have a mind of its own, rather it be UI crashes, random reboots, sluggishness on the Hopper 2000s/Joey, recording duplicates, general UI annoyances such as not remembering the last screen you were on, not remembering where in the list you were thus bringing you to the top. Then there's the EHD issues (corrupted recordings, hangs during transfers, transfer UI is crummy.)

And get this... With the latest-and-greatest update it bugs you to shut down and check for updates every late night hour while you're recording!!! So the one workaround doesn't even work anymore... Can you PLEASE allow us to pick a time for the updates??? We've only been asking for two years!!!

Don't even get me started with functionality present in the older ViP receivers that are completely missing from the Hopper!!

See I could call Dish just about every day complaining about things that have nothing to do with "unsupported" setups... Yet Dish is worried about an influx of calls from the handful of people attempting to do an "unsupported" setup? We're too smart for that. We know damn well that calling about "supported" functionality that is broken with every new software update is useless, so we most certainly wouldn't bother calling about "unsupported" stuff! Just let us activate our receivers that we purchased and are willing to shell out lease fees (whoops sorry, I mean "outlet fees") for!!

Bad PR move, Dish! We're not your average doofus! No need for neo-nazi post deletions! A simple "On second look, we're sorry to inform you that we were mistaken in our last post. For X reason, we cannot activate Super Joeys on accounts with more than one Hopper. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

/rant

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Last edited:
I'm just glad they didn't pull this on us 3+ Hopper users. I would've dropped Dish in a heartbeat!

I think at least the more appropriate way would have been for Dish themselves to explain why posts were deleted instead of leaving us hanging!

What if someone ordered a SJ to go with their two Hoppers not realizing the posts were deleted? Posts being deleted with no explanation gave me a "DBSTalk" feeling. Not a good one!

I do wonder how the guy that got it activated was treated? Did they just deactivate his SJ with no explanation too?

Thanks Scott for relaying the message. Frankly I don't really have any interest in the SJ going along side my four Hoppers, I'd like to see how they "get along" but I guess we'll never know now!

Also what about those that isolate the SJ from the other Hopper(s) in the network??

People like us are generally the least problematic customers, since we already had to have knowledge of how to install it in the first place!

Besides... There's probably only a handful of customers that even attempt this anyway...

I suspect that the SJ software is just too crude at the moment to deal with such things... Maybe they'll change their minds later? Or at the very least us geeks would like to know the nitty-gritty on why it won't work, and not just "bandwidth limitations." One can dream...

P.S. Dish can you actually make the Hopper software stable please??? Not a day goes by that I don't have a Hopper have a mind of its own, rather it be UI crashes, random reboots, sluggishness on the Hopper 2000s/Joey, recording duplicates, general UI annoyances such as not remembering the last screen you were on, not remembering where in the list you were thus bringing you to the top.

And get this... With the latest-and-greatest update it bugs you to shut down and check for updates every late night hour while you're recording!!! So the one workaround doesn't even work anymore... Can you PLEASE allow us to pick a time for the updates??? We've only been asking for two years!!!

Don't even get me started with functionality present in the older ViP receivers that are completely missing from the Hopper!!

See I could call Dish just about every day complaining about things that have nothing to do with "unsupported" setups... Yet Dish is worried about an influx of calls from the handful of people attempting to do an "unsupported" setup? We're too smart for that. We know damn well that calling about "supported" functionality that is broken with every new software update is useless, so we most certainly wouldn't bother calling about "unsupported" stuff! Just let us activate our receivers that we purchased and are willing to shell out lease fees (whoops sorry, I mean "outlet fees") for!!

Bad PR move, Dish! We're not your average doofus! No need for neo-nazi post deletions! A simple "On second look, we're sorry to inform you that we were mistaken in our last post. For X reason, we cannot activate Super Joeys on accounts with more than one Hopper. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

/rant

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Dam 3HaloODST, now tell us how you really feel!! Good post bud. We hear you and I agree.

No conspiracies here... I got home from work saw the email from DISH asking us to remove it went in the house got my laptop out got on wifi removed it, went back out to my car about 30 second later as my wife and son were in the car waiting for me to leave...

Went and had pizza, ordered dinner... got my phone out and saw you guys asking where the thread was.. and answered on my phone and was trying my best to answer things as I was eating... (My wife was mad at me for typing while eating.)

When I got home I explained it better now that I could type on a real keyboard... and that was it.

No conspiracy. :)

No conspiracies here... I got home from work saw the email from DISH asking us to remove it went in the house got my laptop out got on wifi removed it, went back out to my car about 30 second later as my wife and son were in the car waiting for me to leave...

Went and had pizza, ordered dinner... got my phone out and saw you guys asking where the thread was.. and answered on my phone and was trying my best to answer things as I was eating... (My wife was mad at me for typing while eating.)

When I got home I explained it better now that I could type on a real keyboard... and that was it.

No conspiracy. :)

Thanks again, hope that there pizza was good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)