Can I add 2nd HR24 and watch recordings on 1st without WHD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bushop

Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Parma, Ohio
I would like to be able to record more shows and share them between two tv's without paying the extra $20 a month for whole home.

Okay so here is what I have.

Slimline oval dish with what looks to be a dual lnb (about 12 months old). No SWM. Four cables into the house. Two of those cables run to my HR24, one cable to the bedroom and one to the basement.

I heard I can add a second HR24 and be able to view recorded shows on either HR24 (Room 1 shows can be watched in room 2 and vice versa).

I could use some help accomplishing this if it is possible.

Do I need... SWM8? DECA? Splitters? CAT5 between the HR24's?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

bushop said:
I would like to be able to record more shows and share them between two tv's without paying the extra $20 a month for whole home.

Okay so here is what I have.

Slimline oval dish with what looks to be a dual lnb (about 12 months old). No SWM. Four cables into the house. Two of those cables run to my HR24, one cable to the bedroom and one to the basement.

I heard I can add a second HR24 and be able to view recorded shows on either HR24 (Room 1 shows can be watched in room 2 and vice versa).

I could use some help accomplishing this if it is possible.

Do I need... SWM8? DECA? Splitters? CAT5 between the HR24's?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Whole home is only $3 a month. Who qouted you $20? As for watching recordings else where, I believe you have to have whole home now

they bundle the charges together if you have hd, dvr, and whole home service making it the 20 dollar fee you would see. so since you have an hr24 already, that means you are paying or getting credits for hd and dvr service, so the rest would just be for whole home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)