Can I change receivers in my own house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvmcdowe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Can I change receivers in my own house? I have DVR in my living room and no DVR in my attic. I want to switch them because the attic room is warmer in the winter. What I have noticed is my DVR has to cables running into it where as my attic box has a single wire running into it. Anything I can do?

Can I change receivers in my own house? I have DVR in my living room and no DVR in my attic. I want to switch them because the attic room is warmer in the winter. What I have noticed is my DVR has to cables running into it where as my attic box has a single wire running into it. Anything I can do?

You can certainly swap them online there is a feature that lets you change the room location of any receiver active on your account. However, for HD you will need a second cable for both tuners of the DVR. DirecTV may charge to run a second cable unless you can do it yourself from the multiswitch.

I don't do anything myself. LOL. I don't and never did have HD in any room. Why would they have two lines running in some of my rooms and not all?

I don't do anything myself. LOL. I don't and never did have HD in any room. Why would they have two lines running in some of my rooms and not all?

HD DVR's have 2 tuners, so each need there own cable running into them, or the input in on the back has two. Some SD DVR IRD/STB have two tuners also and require two cables.

My suggestion would be if your not comfortable to call DirecTV and have an installer come out and set it up for you.

Is one cable for locals and the other for the rest? I think I get both locals and others on the single cable upstairs.

If you do NOT have HD TVs check your bill and see if they are charging you the monthly HD fee.
The two lines going into the recorder (DVR) allow watching on tuner #one and recording on tuner #two at the same time. You should have enough ports to run another line to the new position for the recorder.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)