Can I combine my FTA, D*, and antenae?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Now that my FTA dish is motorized, I would like to combine my Dish Network dish (for Sky Angel), My FTA dish, and my Outdoor TV antenna into one cable. Can this be done?

I currently have my Sky Angel line and my TV antenna cables attached to a splitter. I reversed the splitter so the two cables are attached to the output lines. Then I have a single cable that goes into the house. This single cable is attached to an AB(Cable/Antenna) switch behind my television. Again, I reversed the connections. When I want to watch regular TV via the antenna, the switch is set to antenna. When I want to watch Sky Angel, I set the switch to cable. I have to wait for about 30-40 seconds before the sat signal comes through my receiver, but after I have the signal, there are no problems.

I'm looking for a better way to do this and add my FTA dish if possible. Thanks.

I don't think it will work, you cant combine the two satellite systems on the same cable, especially now you will be sending DiSEqC commands down the cable to control the dish. If you added another cable then your OTA signal and Dish could share the same line using a diplexer at each end of the cable, but I would keep the two satellite systems on separate cables. Maybe someone has another way to do it.

Take this time to put in all the phone/cable lines you have been holding off doing because you did want to get out the drill. Start small drill larger.

rjc3895 said:
I guess it's time to drill a new hole in my wall :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts