Can I do this with one more Splitter and power inserter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CooperTide

Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
US
DirecTV Slimline single LNB cable runs 50 feet to 8-Way Splitter on outside of house.
From this 8-Way splitter, there are 2 cables out (we’ll call them A & B) as follows -

“A” (Living Room cable) runs about 100 feet to inside house to a MSplit4R1-03 which is powered by a P21R1-03 Power Inserter. This 4 way splitter currently feeds one (1) HR24-100 DVR and two (2) H25-500 receivers int this side of the home, so I guess that’s 4 tuners?

“B” (Wing/Office cable) runs from the outside 8-way splitter and wraps around the exterior of home, and then goes inside directly to one (1) HR24-100 DVR, so I assume that’s 2 tuners?

Given this scenario, what would I need to do if on cable A run, I wanted to change out one or both of the H25’s to Hr24 DVR’s, as that would then mean 5 tuners (2 x HR24’s and 1 H25) or 6 tuners (3 x Hr24’s)?

And what would be needed if I wanted the Wing/Office cable “B" to feed the existing HR24DVR and a new H25, or perhaps two(2) HR24 DVR’s, as that would be 3 or 4 tuners?

Am a little confused as to my somewhat unique set-up and whether I would need a SWM 16 somewhere in this arrangement, or just another Msplit4R1-03 with P21R1-03 on the Wing/office side of the house?

:welcome to Satelliteguys CooperTide!

A normal swm lnb can handle a total of 8 tuners. You can get one that will handle 13. However you connect them, use as small of a splitter as you can, that is, use the four way if you are using up to four dvr/receivers running a line for each to the splitter. The splitter can be inside the house, btw, to shorten the runs to it.

Then in the case of "B", (Wing/Office) where I have one cable feeding a single HR24 from the 8-way splitter on outside of house....can I use a Msplit4R1-03 so I could feed that HR24 and a H25 on this side of the house?
Keeping in mind I already have a 4-way splitter with Power Inserter P21R1-03 on the Living Room side "A" of house, would I need another Power Inserter for this second 4-way splitter on the Wing/Office side of house to accomplish this, or does that figure in here?
Thanks again.

DirecTV Slimline single LNB cable runs 50 feet to 8-Way Splitter on outside of house.
From this 8-Way splitter, there are 2 cables out (we’ll call them A & B) as follows -

“A” (Living Room cable) runs about 100 feet to inside house to a MSplit4R1-03 which is powered by a P21R1-03 Power Inserter. This 4 way splitter currently feeds one (1) HR24-100 DVR and two (2) H25-500 receivers int this side of the home, so I guess that’s 4 tuners?

“B” (Wing/Office cable) runs from the outside 8-way splitter and wraps around the exterior of home, and then goes inside directly to one (1) HR24-100 DVR, so I assume that’s 2 tuners?

Given this scenario, what would I need to do if on cable A run, I wanted to change out one or both of the H25’s to Hr24 DVR’s, as that would then mean 5 tuners (2 x HR24’s and 1 H25) or 6 tuners (3 x Hr24’s)?

And what would be needed if I wanted the Wing/Office cable “B" to feed the existing HR24DVR and a new H25, or perhaps two(2) HR24 DVR’s, as that would be 3 or 4 tuners?

Am a little confused as to my somewhat unique set-up and whether I would need a SWM 16 somewhere in this arrangement, or just another Msplit4R1-03 with P21R1-03 on the Wing/office side of the house?
I would replace the 8 way with a 2 way, smaller and fewer splitters the better. Your tuners are going to be dependent on what receivers you eventually get and not the splitters, swapping out the lnb may be easier and quicker if it's even necessary. 1 power inserter is enough but try to keep it as close to the lnb as you can and on solid copper coax. If you think it may be a concern then just go with a 29v PI. You would need it anyways if you were to go with a SWM16.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.