can I get a better deal from DirecTV, or a dealer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

J-Rod

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
If I buy a DirecTV HD setup, can I get a better deal from DirecTV, or from a dealer. I was wondering if I can get DirecTV to give me say 6 months of free HBO, etc...instead of the usual 3. I've heard of folks trying to get the HD DVR at an additional $100 rebate, etc...

I've read of folks calling in to speak with customer retention, but as a possible new customer, I didn't know if I'd only be able to speak with a CSR. Any tips on how to obtain the best possible deal.

Thanks.

J-Rod said:
If I buy a DirecTV HD setup, can I get a better deal from DirecTV, or from a dealer. I was wondering if I can get DirecTV to give me say 6 months of free HBO, etc...instead of the usual 3. I've heard of folks trying to get the HD DVR at an additional $100 rebate, etc...
I've read of folks calling in to speak with customer retention, but as a possible new customer, I didn't know if I'd only be able to speak with a CSR. Any tips on how to obtain the best possible deal.
Thanks.

I think if you buy from a sponsered site like Value Electronics, or your local retailor or D* , you still have to call D* for programming .... ( someone correct me if I am wrong)

If you by locally you get the equipment right away, although, my local guys only sell the receivers , say to get dish from D*, Why , I don't know, So the local guy is out in my opinion.....
If you order from D* you get to wait for the stuff to arrive and then havethem come out to set up , provided you don't do it your self.

If you buy from a site like Value Electronics you get a Site discount and your equipment is warrented for 5 years, vs D* 1 year.

Jimbo

However, if you go to DirecTV and tell them you're thinking of switching from cable, they can offer you programming deals that the retailers can't. If you call them after you've purchased the equipment, I don't know if you'd be able to get any concessions since you have already fronted the $$$ for the equipment and are comitted to activation at that point.

Jimbos said:
I think if you buy from a sponsered site like Value Electronics, or your local retailor or D* , you still have to call D* for programming .... ( someone correct me if I am wrong)
If you by locally you get the equipment right away, although, my local guys only sell the receivers , say to get dish from D*, Why , I don't know, So the local guy is out in my opinion.....
If you order from D* you get to wait for the stuff to arrive and then havethem come out to set up , provided you don't do it your self.
If you buy from a site like Value Electronics you get a Site discount and your equipment is warrented for 5 years, vs D* 1 year.
Jimbo

No matter where you get your equipment you or the installer has to call D* to activate your receiver, or your programming if you are a new customer. Like Jimbo says, if you get your equipment from value electronics you get a better warranty.

dervari said:
However, if you go to DirecTV and tell them you're thinking of switching from cable, they can offer you programming deals that the retailers can't. If you call them after you've purchased the equipment, I don't know if you'd be able to get any concessions since you have already fronted the $$$ for the equipment and are comitted to activation at that point.

Sorry, I don't agree, DIRECTV may offer a special retention programming credit to a long term, excellent existing customer, but they do not have special programing deals for new subscribers.

When you purchase from an authorized dealer you get the same rebates and programming promotions.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)